Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone in Anchorage?
Quote | Reply
The Coast Guard is moving us to Anchorage this summer. Anyone here live there, now or in the past?

Todd
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in Anchorage? [CGTRIGUY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived there for a couple of years, though I wasn't doing tri's at the time, just skiied and hiked.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in Anchorage? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any advice on where to live, how to avoid bears, etc.? I'm not sure my triathlon habit will still have a hope up there, but I'm psyched to ski my butt off again (I used to live in VT), fish, and enjoy the outdoors. We're headed up next week to find a house. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived in Southern Anchorage, in the Dimond area. I'd probably stay away from Eastern Anchorage, around the Muldoon area.

Hillside is nice, but $$$ and can be a hassle in the Winter. Just remember, the further outside the center of town you are, the longer it takes the snow plows to get to your street.

I wouldn't worry about bears as much as I would moose. Those are some mean critters! I've got more than one moose story I can tell from living up there.

There are a few tris in AK, including a 1/2 IM. Go to www.trifind.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to live there about 10 years ago. Kincaid Park is THE place for skate and classic skiing and is lit at night and is very well used. If you're going to ski a ton, being near there would be nice. It is also a killer place to run in the summer. Man...I miss it just writing this! Hillside is very nice, we rented a house there and it wasn't all that bad cost-wise. Anchorage is a killer place, lots to do if you're active.
Quote Reply