Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Tri Spokes for Zipp 404's?
Quote | Reply
Have a set of Specialized Tri Spoke 650 clinchers that are at least 5 years old. They work great etc., they are heavy and I am heavy at 190 lbs.

I have a new bike and am using the Tri Spokes . Buddy is convinced I need to jump on the Zipp tubular train. I do have the money for the wheels just not convinced that it will make a lot of difference.

For reference my best 40K time is 1:09:10. ANy opinions or feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

fal7
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Spokes for Zipp 404's? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've learned in the last week as a result of posting questions about race wheels that aero-ness is far more important than weight. I think that the Zipp 404s and Specialized/HED3s are, according to Cobb, very similar in terms of aero-ness, so the only material difference is wheel weight. The heavier Specialized/HED3 wheel would hurt you a little if your race course has significant climbs. Aside from that there will be a negligible difference between the two wheels and your speed. Save the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you race on the flats or small rolling hills, and you want to go slower, get the ZIPPs. Otherwise, stay with the aero H3s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save your money. Stick with the Tri-spokes.
Quote Reply