Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid Bike Training May 14-16
Quote | Reply
May 14 - Bike from Albany, NY to Lake Placid (about 140 miles),

May 15 - Bike the IM course, maybe skip the out & back on second loop (95-112 miles)

May 16 - Bike back to Albany (about 140 miles)

Anyone interested in joining me?

Friday & Sunday will be easy to steady pace, Sat will be steady pace. Last year at Placid I was on pace for about 5:45 when I flatted & broke my wheel at mile 106 which left me with a 6:09 split. This year I am quite a bit stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Bike Training May 14-16 [Goatboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tempting. My wife might kill me, though.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Bike Training May 14-16 [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Death may be less painful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I (and my training buddy) might be up for joining you in Placid, but driving over from VT (Daly ,you out there?) Post agin closer to the date and I can get you a concrete answer. Hoping to do 5:30-5:50 so we should be along the same pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What, me worry? 380 + miles in three days when I haven't even done a formal century yet? This is Ironman, you are suppose to die on a regular basis. That said, I already have two away weekends for half-IMs, and I'd like to preview the Blackwater and Tupper Lake courses in May. Death by Ironman widow seems far more intimidating at this time. Then again, about mile 300 I think my opinion would probably change.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid Bike Training May 14-16 [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What, me worry? 380 + miles in three days when I haven't even done a formal century yet? This is Ironman, you are suppose to die on a regular basis. That said, I already have two away weekends for half-IMs, and I'd like to preview the Blackwater and Tupper Lake courses in May. Death by Ironman widow seems far more intimidating at this time. Then again, about mile 300 I think my opinion would probably change.
Quote Reply