Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Growing pains... arghhh
Quote | Reply
So last night during practice I started having some 'growing pains' just below my knees. I am actually sort of happy, because in the past every time these kinds of pains appeared ment I was due for a growth spurt. Hopefully it's the same case this time (knock on wood).

The problem is they are hurting like hell that so running is out of the question and walking is pretty hard too. They come in waves so hopefully this will pass soon.

Does anyone have any 'remedies' to ease the pain? Thx.

edit: on a side note, I lost 1.5kg in 2 weeks just by cutting out all the junkfood/candy/chocolate. 3 meals a day + a fruit in between meals works great!
Last edited by: freestyle: Apr 8, 04 4:53
Quote Reply
Re: Growing pains... arghhh [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I lost 1.5kg in 2 weeks"

I´m sure someone will back me up but 1.5kg is way to much weight to loose in 2 weeks (it would be reasonable value in 4 weeks), this could mean that you are loosing some lean mass, not only fat...be careful with that.

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Last edited by: sergio: Apr 8, 04 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: Growing pains... arghhh [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was actually 1.3kg, and I'm still at 11% bf (ack).
Quote Reply
Re: Growing pains... arghhh [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general, 2 pounds of fat per week is the max. As I explain to my wife and her friends when they diet .... any more than 2 pounds is lost muscle (bad) or just lost water (which gets gained back when carbs are reintroduced or when they get rehydrated). Most "get lean quick" diets just have you lose water weight by decreasing carbs (water-binding) and taking a diuretic. It's the oldest scam in the book.

The 2 pounds of fat is an optimal number, meaning the number you could expect if your exercise and diet are perfect for fat loss. Most situations should expect a pound of fat loss per week.

Go to the meat department at the store and have them place 1 pound of fat on the scale and see just how much one pound of fat is.

The leaner you get, the harder fat is to lose. The upside is the leaner you are, the harder it is to gain fat.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Growing pains... arghhh [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
c´mon freestyle, you´re just a kid :-) don´t bother too much in getting an extremely low body fat %. I´m not saying that you should go to mcdonalds right away...

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply