Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex Speed & Distance Question
Quote | Reply
I know we've had discussions before about this system, but I've got a follow up question. Can anyone see enough difference in features between the 50 lap model and the 100 lap version to justify the extra $$$. I've read everthing on the Timex website, and there is only one little blurb about it. I've decided that it's not whether I'll by one, just which -- especially since the wife has said that's what she's buying me for Valentine's Day, and I get to choose the model. Thanks in advance.

"...like every writer, he measured other men's virtues by what they had accomplished, yet asked that other men measure him by what he planned someday to do."
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Speed & Distance Question [Lloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 50 lap model and am very happy with its performance, the 100 lap model allows you to have an alarm sound for miles, pace, etc... I don't think these extra features are worth the extra money.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Speed & Distance Question [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: There is a new watch coming out from Timex in June that will show data from both the S+D and the HRM, and it will work with your existing Garmin receiver or HRM strap. There is also a little data collection device that clips on to your HRM strap that will collect data from the HRM and the S+D that you can upload to your PC for analysis. Whole setup is called the BodyLink system and you can learn more about it at TrainingBible.com. Looks very cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Speed & Distance Question [Lloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 100 lap has alarms for speed. I find this featuure nice for when doing tempo runs. The watch will beep if my pace starts to drop off during a run motivating me to maintain my pace. I'm planning to use this feature during some spring races and see how useful it is during a race. I also like the feature of being able to set the watch to beep once a distance has been traveled.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Speed & Distance Question [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this thing is so cool i'm constantly checking it, so i'd say you dont really need the alarms.....

another question for folks, maybe i missed it in the manual, but is there any way to display lap AND split/total time simultaneously? or is it only one or the other plus gps info? thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Speed & Distance Question [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
FYI: There is a new watch coming out from Timex in June that will show data from both the S+D and the HRM, and it will work with your existing Garmin receiver or HRM strap. There is also a little data collection device that clips on to your HRM strap that will collect data from the HRM and the S+D that you can upload to your PC for analysis. Whole setup is called the BodyLink system and you can learn more about it at TrainingBible.com. Looks very cool.

Are you sure a whole new watch is coming out? I was under the impression that the BodyLink system's "modular" components would work with both the existing Timex S+D watch and the Garmin GPS transmitter. This had better be the case. I'm getting delivery of mine tomorrow!

Best,

David in Taipei

American's are definately infekting the world with there English grammer.
Quote Reply