Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bullhorn-style handlebars
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of converting a bike from drop-bars and clip-ons to a more dedicated tt/tri-bike set-up using a bullhorn-type base bar with my Syntace C2 clip-ons. Anybody have any recommendations on brands for the bars, as well as any suggestions for what type of brake lever to use with this kind of set-up? Sizing could also be an issue since I happen to be a clydesdale.
Quote Reply
Re: Bullhorn-style handlebars [Big Fella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Stokers are a really good bar and don't cost very much money. Vision Tech has a new aero base bar out this year that looks really nice but I've never actually seen one other than in magazines. I use Dia comp 188 levers but if I were buying some new ones today I'd probably get the Profile or Syntace models.
Quote Reply
Re: Bullhorn-style handlebars [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your input, Allan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently in the process of building a TT bike for my wife. I decided to go with the Vision Tech base bar and carbon clip-ons even though they're backordered for a couple weeks. Actually, the base bar came yesterday and I can tell you that it is sweet - super light, internal cable routing, zero degree drop and a very aero front profile. The clip-ons are the last missing component and she'll be good to go. Good luck with your own project!

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think about the Syntace Stratos base bar and the Syntace Space Control brake levers. The levers are far superior to the 188's and in conjunction with the Stratos base bar, you can have nice internal cable routing.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]