Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels
Quote | Reply
25% off Spinergy Tilium Carbon SS and PBO Wheels, 700c and 650c

Lightweight and strong, the Tilium Carbon is the ultimate racing or training wheel. PBO technology brings wheel weight to a minimum, and helps to reduce rider fatigue.

http://www.rotorcranksusa.com/inquire_spinergy.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Deal! I'm very interested but have a question about the difference between the SS and PBO spokes. Basically, which is faster? The SS seems like it might be more areo but weigh alittle more. Are the hubs of different quality? Over the long run are the SS easier to maintain, repair and keep true? Aside from a more comfortable ride why get the PBO spokes?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels [GODADD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The difference in price is directly related to the PBO spokes. I ride the SS's and also the Xaero PBO's, cannot tell the difference, I believe the carbon rims absord most of the shock, then the stainless bladed black spokes absorb the rest

I would go for the SS's as they are a great deal, around a grand less than 404's (on sale right now) and awesome performance, if you want a little bit lighter wheel then go for the PBO model
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary,

Do those wheels come with skewers? And you may reply to my post on the other forum first, but does the rim depth include braking surface, or is that in addition to? Thanks.

-The coolness manifesto, it's close, really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a rider weight limit for either of these wheelsets? Sounds like a great deal.

Embrace the suck--Anon.

Eagles Race Team--Napa CA
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gary,

Do those wheels come with skewers? And you may reply to my post on the other forum first, but does the rim depth include braking surface, or is that in addition to? Thanks.
Yes, with skewers, more photos on the site now with a cut open model to see the internals: http://rotorcranksusa.com/inquire_spinergy.htm

-The coolness manifesto, it's close, really.
Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Apr 2, 04 18:43
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels [OnThaCouch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now weight limit they I have heard of, these wheels are beasts - bombproof - handle cyclocross out here in SoCal with ease
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Tilium Carbon Wheels [GODADD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faster? It is a personal preference on PBO or SS, but I will say that they are about the same in aerodynamics.
Quote Reply