Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: FSA Aero TT 54t Chainring
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm lame and don't know how to post a pic but I've got a lightly used 54t FSA Aero TT chainring. Here's a link to the Nytro website to see it. If you're manly enough to turn a 54t ring, you're a freaking stud. I'm done pretending that I have the quads to use this. Too bad for me because it looks SWEET on a TT rig.

http://www.nytro.com/...ainring_p/zz1461.htm

FSA refers to this as the "Aero" chainring not just because it's for the aerodynamics-obsessed triathletes of the world, but because the chainring itself actually has rounded profile not unlike the lenticular shape of a Zipp 404 rim. These chainrings are available in 130mm only, which means that they'll only work with Shimano or FSA non-compact cranksets. Made of 7075/T6 heavy duty aluminum and Aerodynamic Precision CNC machined ramps and stainless steel pins, these chainrings will definetly get the job done. Black anodized color with laser etched logo. MSRP is $80 but this one is lightly used so the first person to send me $55 + shipping (prefer to ship CONUS but may be persuaded to ship elsewhere) can frighten women and small children with this very masculine piece of componentry. Lastly, if you want to go to ebay and check the seller name sierrachallenge you'll see that I've got a 100% positive feedback as a seller.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Last edited by: Tribato: Aug 22, 06 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Aero TT 54t Chainring [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of utter curiousity (I don't mean this to sound vindictive at all); do you really notice a huge difference between the 54 and a 53?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Aero TT 54t Chainring [munckee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, it's a legitimate question.

All I can tell you is that my femurs aren't that long so perhaps I have a more difficult time generating the necessary leverage to properly utilize 175mm cranks and a 54t ring. For me it was a HUGE difference. I didn't think it would be which is why I got the aero ring in the first place because it looks WAY cool on my black tri bike. I thought it would feel the same but I never felt like I could get on top of my gears unless I was going downhill. Anyhow, function trumps fashion so up for sale it goes. I did replace it with another black ring to try and salvage some style points :)

Go to sheldon brown's gear calculator and you can see, mathematically, just how pronounced a difference going from a 53 to a 54 is. OTOH, I'm just a skinny little runner so maybe guys that are more adept on the bike wouldn't feel as big a difference as I did.

Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Aero TT 54t Chainring [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting thoughts. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump

Michael in Fresno
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: FS: FSA Aero TT 54t Chainring [jase714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the PM

Sale Pending

Michael in Fresno
Quote Reply