Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedals - Time and Dura Ace - lances pedals
Quote | Reply
Hi - am after a new set of pedals - have used Spd's Keywins and looks in the past . Looking for something that feels really secure - does anyone have any suggestions - and has anyone tried the new time impact pedals or the new Dura ace pedals that Lance uses.

Al
Quote Reply
Re: Pedals - Time and Dura Ace - lances pedals [alex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine has the Time impacts, according to him they're nice once you clip in, but trying to get in is another matter.

I picked up a pair of Dura Ace pedals today, will go for a first ride on them tomorrow. So far they look really nice.

I'll post my impressions of the pedals tomorrow.

J.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah i got the spd-sl pedals. Their nice. The cleat broke about 6-7 weeks ago. Shimano US has no email, I emailed Shimano OZ and they took 4 weeks to reply to my email and in it they said they'd transfer me over to Shimano NZ (cause im in NZ right now) no word from them in the last 3-4 weeks at all. Customer Service Sucks, you cant buy these cleats anywhere that i know of. It takes a bit to clip into them at first, you'll get used to it. Their light, theyre strong, they work (other than the damn cleat issue). I'd recommend them.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ridden Look pedals since the mid 80's and still have my originals on my CT bike. I sprung for the new Dura Aces just before Christmas. I love them.
FYI- to the guy that said he broke his, I have not had a problems but my LBS told me this week that my cleats had been redisigned and I would be getting new ones. They apparently have been beefed up. Don't know time frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedals - Time and Dura Ace - lances pedals [Mantis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to shimano the change to the cleat was only to the rubber 'walking' pads and that there was not fuctional defect on the cleat.
Quote Reply
Hellriegel uses Time Impact. `nough said ! n.m. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm working on an article (one of many) about the Dura-Ace Sl SPD pedal and the Time Impact. I don't have much usuable experience right now. We have somd a lot of them though. Positive customer feedback on both, but its too early for me to have any real opinion....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply