Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

C'dale CAAD 5 or Cervelo Soloist?
Quote | Reply
Help!!

I am all set to buy a new road bike after spending a year racing on an entry level road bike.

I have spec'd a Cannondale CAAD 5 with full Ultegra and American Classics 420 wheels for $1600

Now I have been reading quite a bit about the Cervelo Soloist. My LBS has the 2002 on sale for $1750 stock (Full Ultegra, Ritchey Wheels).

I will be mainly road racing and doing Crits with regular 2-3 hour training rides with an occasional TT that the State race series holds.

I have owned a C'dale in the past, and like the stiffness of the frame, and my current bike is all Aluminum/including the fork....so either choice will likely feel plush compared to the current ride.

My question for the experts is, what is the better deal, and what bike will be better all around for the various types of racing I hope to do....

Your thoughts/advice are appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: C'dale CAAD 5 or Cervelo Soloist? [gibdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found a guy in buffallo that has the 2002 soloist for 1695...

If you want I can pass the info along to you
Quote Reply
Re: C'dale CAAD 5 or Cervelo Soloist? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IS it the 2002 Soloist?

Yes please pass along the info

I appreciate it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is from a novice, but I too was looking at the Cannondales, but opted for a Litespeed Capella. It's Ultegra equipped w/carbon fork, Mavic Cosmos wheels. I only have a few hours on the trainer and have been out of biking for quite some time. List was $1895, but I paid $1500 at a local shop here in MA. My neighbor bought a leftover 01 Litespeed Arenberg as well, part of the reason for the lower pricing. I just thought I would throw it out there as an option. Ray G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know much about the soloist, but I do know that if you go cannondale you will kick yourself for not going CAAD 7, as I find that they ride considerably better.

On another subject, don't ho out your shop. If you like your LBS and have recieved good service from them in the past reward it by purchasing the bike there. It is just not smurfy to spend time shopping, or worse, getting fit, at a shop and then go out and buy the thing cheaper somewhere else. This might not be the case in you situation, but if it is please take my comments into consideration.
Quote Reply