Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri clothes
Quote | Reply
Remember when polo sport sponsored Tim Deboom? Now reebok Has Peter Reid. They both had/have a lot of cool race stuff with the logo but you can't buy any of it. Why would you sponsor a triathlete but not sell triathlon gear? I called both company's and they both said huh , what, who, try calling, well you get the idea I got no answers.
Quote Reply
Re: tri clothes [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so glad to hear that someone else picked up on this. Polo RLX was sponsoring the #1 Long Distance (Tim DeBoom) as well as Hunter Kemper before the Olympics and Siri Lindy. They had some really cool stuff. I actually got ahold of some tri briefs off of ebay as well as a great workout vest. I called Polo corporate and finally got a hold of a guy who knew something. He told me hush hush that Polo RLX department was an absolute mess, especially marketing. I told him that they had a huge market with the athletes they had sponsored and they had some really cool stuff. DeBoom's & Kemper's singlet I thought looked cool and classic. I think that they have completely dropped the triathlon thing and are focusing in cycling and skiing. What a shame. Maybe they will get their s**t together in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: tri clothes [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stuff is tough to find, usually b/c it is somebody else's gear, with a different logo. I know this definitely to be the case for example with Nike. Nike simply don't make tri-gear. They buy someone else's stuff and relogo it. So I am told. RLX stuff was actually around back in the day (and still might be) but Reebok definitely not.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: tri clothes [textrirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually was at a "garage sale" in Boulder CO where DeBoom and Siri were selling their stuff. I bought a few RLX items from them. They are nice. I have two RLX vests (Med and Large respectively) that I don't need and one sleeveless jersey that doesn't fit (small).

I agree that their stuff is great. I will be wearing a RLX skinsuit (Made by DeSoto) in my tris this coming year.

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply