Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heal Striker Or Not?
Quote | Reply
When you run do you run on the balls of your feet? Or are you a heal striker?

http://www.triathletes-uk.org/info/running.html

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Heal Striker Or Not? [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run on the balls of my feet. I have done so for as long as I can remember. I have seen fast runners run do both though.
Quote Reply
Re: Heal Striker Or Not? [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to make myself into more of a 'mid' foot striker. No pose method or anything like that, I just feel less vibration and shock in the joints landing a bit more forward. I increased leg turnover and concentrate on landing well. So far it has worked pretty well.
Quote Reply
Re: Heal Striker Or Not? [Shad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another way of looking at this is to ensure that your ball of your foot lands right under your body. To do this, you almost have to pretend like you are working on having your foot landing "behind you". It is conducive to 90+ RPM turnover, shorter stride length and of course, no overstriding which is 99% of all jarring on the run ! It's like running in the small chainring vs grinding in the big chainring :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Heal Striker Or Not? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been a heal striker, and would like to change my running technique do to IT band injury. This is why I was wondering how others on this forum ran. This article above seems to think there is not a need for stability shoes of motion control shoes if one is not heal striking and running on the balls of ones feet. I am interested in this form and wondering how many others utilize it....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply