Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FLeck - York Region club?
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

Do you know of a club in the Newmarket/Aurora area for my wife. She has expressed an interest in trying triathlons (first she needs to get a bike) but doesn't want to start on her own (we can't train together b/c of my work schedule, the baby and well our own competitiveness). She really enjoyed the Running Room clinic for running that got her started running. Do you know of anything similar that wouldn't be too much of a drive?

Thanks.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: FLeck - York Region club? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yarf,

Give Endurosport or even O.A.T. a call. They would likely be aware of any local area clubs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found these guys on the O.A.T. site. They're in your area.

http://www.newmarkettriteam.ca/about_ntt.html
Quote Reply
Re: FLeck - York Region club? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that one too. Unfortunately they only offer swim workouts - early in the morning and the fee works out to almost $8.00 per swim workout. I would rather she get a coach for that kind of money. The pool is very convenient (actually on my street). I would go there too but I leave for work too early. Thanks for the help though.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question.

I don't have a specific answer for you.

CerveloGuy has posted the link to the Newmarket Tri Club. I would suggest that would be a good place to start. Adam Johnstone, the coach there should be able to give you some better directions.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply