Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Little Help?
Quote | Reply
As a new poster, reader, and, really, triathlete, please, little help (please): 1) has anyone seen a post they can point me to (or can give advice) regarding wide cycling shoes and 2) long sleeve wetsuits or short?

That is, it seems that most running shoe companies have gone with a "wide" option, but it seems that cycling shoes just don't see fit to follow (and, no, the Sidi Mega is not a "wide" (we are talking "american wide" not "clown wide," but still)). The Nike Pegasus Wide fits pretty well - Anyone with any ideas in this area, or advice. I have heard to the R7 custom option, but $500? Not unless I MUST.

Secondly, I am deciding between the T1 Wetsuit and the QR Superfull (any insights here are welcome as well). Some have noted, however, that a full sleeve suit is a poor idea (doing Va. and East coast triathlons) over a sleeveless (ie the QR SuperJon). Anyone have any experience with both?

THANKS!
Quote Reply
Re: Little Help? [rhelms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey rhelms,

My experience with cycling shoes suggests you might try the new Shimano road shoes. We found them to be on the wide side. The TR01 is a great tri-specific shoe. Give that one a try, hoepfully the width will suit you.

I own both a Superfull (older version) and a new T1. I just got a newer Superfull but haven't tested it yet. I also have an Orca P-Flex and I am going to try an Aquaman Metal Cell as soon as we have some.

Yesterday I was helping teach a beginner triathlon class at a local YMCA and we did some time in the pool doing stroke analysis, etc. I gave a clinic on wetsuit use and then did a 100 yd time trial with a T1 on and then with now suit to demonstrate the difference in speed.

I've used sleeveless suits and full sleeve suits and sold hundreds of wetsuits. I've never had anything fit me and swim as well as a T1, and I am married to the idea of full sleeve suits as opposed to sleeveless.

Probably the critical issue with wetsuit performance is fit, and one reason I like the T1 so much is I wear a size 3 bottom and a size 4 top for a super precise fit. It its me better than any one piece, comes off faster in transition and swims so good. For extreme cold water it isn't the warmest of the suits, but that may be good if you are competeing in the warmer inland lakes.

Good luck!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Little Help? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU Tom.

And thanks to all who noted how to "search" these posts - this is an excellent resource. Please keep the info comming.
Quote Reply