Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P2K Sizing
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Today I got sized for a P2K - I am very excited!! But before I plonk down the cash, can I get an opinion on the results of the sizing?

It was recommended that I get a 54cm frame with 175cm crank length. This was based on my height of 183cm, inseam of 905cm, right leg 95cm and left leg 97cm. (previously I had no idea that I had a 2cm difference in leg height - how about that?!?!)

Does this seem right to those in the know? Obviously I am VERY keen to make sure that the size is right. (After that, the LBS wants to spend minimum of an hour with me fitting it properly, which seems to be well in line with the Tom Demerly school of thought.)

Thanks everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. This sounds weird. Inseam again?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great bike. What you should do is email Gerard at Cervelo just to confirm.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good idea.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops. This is 95cm. Does that sound better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HHHmmmmm, Ok here, now don't hold me to this- I don't know how to size people over the Internet. But for reality check purposes let's do the old LeMond/Kent Gordis thing and multiply your inseam by .65 to get a frame size center to center: Inseam is 95cm. (you're a tall guy!) X .65=61.75.
Hmmm, 61.75cm? Something is not right here..... Is your inseam 95 cm? Damn, let me try your height, OK- do the metric conversion from 183cm divided by 2.54- Yeah, you're exactly 6 feet tall. Now that kind of checks out a little better. I don't know, I need to see better numbers. I wish you were here so I could measure you... See how hard this is to do over the internet? One guy who can do it is Ves Mandaric at Yaqui, but you have to start with a good set of numbers.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your efforts Tom - 5pm here in Australia now so I am off home to get in the pool - lovely 32deg day here today!! Racing this weekend as well (on the old bike still, bummer..) - what more could I ask for?!?!?!

(Any other thoughts on the P2K sizing from you all in the Northern Hemisphere will be very anxiously poured over on Monday morning - thanks all!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like this guy is all legs.I'm 6' 4'' and have an inseam of 86 Cm.Hope your fitter is good.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The numbers he is providing have to be wrong. A 6 footer on a 54cm is certainly within the realm of reasonable. A 6 footer with a 95 cm inseam is almost unimaginable. He'd have to look that little nerd character on the old SNL skits who pulled his pants up to his nipples.

My take: 95 and 97 cm on the leg length is an "outseam" measurement, and his inseam is actually 85cm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10" about 31" inseam . I ride a 54 and it fits great
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iv'e seen 37" inseams on guys my height(6'4") but not on any 6 footer.I think a re-measure is in order just to be sure.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It must be your longer torso that makes the 54 correct for you. I'm 5'9" and 32" inseam and felt like I was just too stretched out unless I shortened the stem to an 80. I then tried a P3 51 but didn't like the amount of spacers I needed for good stem height. Maybe I should have waited and tried the 52 700c, but once I got on my Saber, I was sold.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'0" of average proportions (from my crotch to the floor is about 34"/86cm) and ride a 58 (700c).

Just curious - because if I tried to fit on a 54 (650) i would think it would be way too small - is 54 the actual measurement of the seat tube or just the "frame size."

From cervelo.com:

NOTE 2: All our TT/triathlon bikes have a dropped toptube and shortened headtube to enable the rider to position the aerobars low enough for a proper aero position. This means that a frame measures smaller from the bottom bracket to the top of the seattube than it actually is and than the size would indicate. So the size is a virtual measurement, and all it means is that if you ride a 54cm road bike you'll likely need a 54cm TT/triathlon bike as well. But since all manufacturers use different geometries, this doesn't always pan out exactly either.

Woody

Mike Hollywood
http://www.bostontriathlonteam.com
http://www.michaelhollywood.com
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing [Woody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In tri-bike sizing "54" almost never refers simply to seat post length. And its almost never means one company's "54" fits like another company's "54". The 54 ***MIGHT*** fit you w/the rear seatpost clamp position at 74-75deg. No way in the forward 77-78deg position. Then again maybe the 55 700 would probably fit you better. But that's purely conjecture with no other information. Find someone like Tom to get you fit properly.
Quote Reply