Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Crash
Quote | Reply
I had a dog get right in my way on my ride this morning and I T-Boned him going about 25mph. It sent me and the bike flipping over him. The rest of my group was unharmed by the six-pack of dogs that were chasing us down the road. It looks like I tore my carbon fork, untrued my front wheel, and I guess I see what else they find at my LBS tomorrow.

DAMN DOGS!!!!!

[url]http://trentjoy.home.mchsi.com/images/crash.jpg

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Crash [trent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch! Hurts me just to look at that!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you have some tylenol pm, and like sleeping on your stomach. Don't know if you're relationship situation is like, but raod rash all but garauntees huge sympathy points.

That said, you did a nice job of crasing, nothing broken or dislocated.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Crash [Ben in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I really lucked out...just road rash. I am not sure about the dog, but I am sure he has some ribs in his lungs...I can't say I feel that bad for him.

I'm just worried about my bike.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But how are you? The bike you can fix easily with a little $. I hope your O.K and still able to exercise. The same thing happened to me two summers ago. Road rash from shoulder to ankle on the right side with gravel braking skin all over. Something I would not wish even on my worst enemy.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Crash [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking, I'm fine...just scuffed up. My back is pretty scraped up, and I've got chunks missing on my right leg and elbows...and right hand. I'll heal, but the bike is my main concern. It won't heal without the money.

Oh well, that is the way
----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thing happen years ago, about 500 damage to the bike and wheels. I was a broke, starving college student. The dog's owner or insurance picked up the tab, don't remember which. .

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Mar 21, 04 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is a bad crash. Pretty darn bad. You are pretty lucky to not get the dreaded broken collarbone. Good job- you must know how to fall. And that does suck about your bike.

So where were the dog owners? Who was responsible, or, in this case- irresponsible for the dogs? I'd say they owe you some bike repair money......

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Crash [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just held on to the bike. I had always learned not to let go, because that exposes all of your "points", but if you hold on, you hit the meaty parts. It worked...thankfully.

As for the dog owners, who knows? It was a group of about six dogs just wondering around a back country road. I don't really have anyone to hold responsible, so I'll be eating the repair price myself.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, your crash technique worked! Now hopefully the dogs are trained that bikes are bad and they should stay away.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I hit a cat going 19mph 3 weeks ago while riding the California Man course in Folsom, CA. I did a pile driver into the asphalt with my head and shoulder. I ended up with a stage 3 separation of my shoulder and a busted helmet.

Dave
Quote Reply