Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What about North Korea? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only reason that NK survives today is because of China. If China tells them to back down, they will. With a UN resolution China will probably abstain then not enforce economic sanctions. My fear is our only way to get China to enforce sanctions is with an ultimatum. Not a great situation we're in. It would have been easier to prevent this than deal with it.

"Nothing, What's going to happen?" NK currently sells it's missiles to other countries. They could start selling nukes. Iran buys a nuke, gives it to Hamas.... Pick your country that hates us or our allies. Pick a terrorist group that hates us or our allies. With a missile we can trace it back to the launch country, so there's a deterrent. A nuke in a crate is much more difficult to trace back. There are many scary senario's. It would have been easier to prevent this than deal with it.
Quote Reply
Re: What about North Korea? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are many scary senario's.

Yes. There are many scary scenarios. There are endless scary scenarios, in fact. I can dream up hundreds of scary scenarios without breaking a sweat. What I cannot do is take preemptive action against all the bad guys I can dream up.

Now all you scared Americans, I want you to take a seat and brace yourself. I have bad news. You can't eliminate every bad hypothetical scenario in the world. And as soon as you (ideally) eliminate one scenario's potentiality (like we did in Iraq), you get faced with an increasing number of equally scary scenarios. (Like, say, Iran. Or North Korea. Or Pakistan. Or, heck, China. And so on and so on.) Plus, you have to deal with all the messy ramifications of your actions in eliminating a hypothetical threat. (Again, like in Iraq.)

Easy, now- breathe, that's it. I know you can deal with it. In fact, I'm betting that you'll sleep a little easier once you stop dreaming up the worst case scenario doomsday situations, and insisting that someone solve them all- by force.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't consider North Korea a "Bad guy I dreamed up". You may want to study up on North Korea's actions over the past 50 years. Once you've done that you'll realize that it is not a dream, it's reality.

What would make me sleep better is if we gave them a few billion dollars in aid and a couple of nuclear reactors if they promise not to do anything bad again. Appeasement has such a long history of success! Now that's a dream.

But you've convinced me. The US should do nothing to anyone. That way no one will hate us. Even if they are jealous of our wealth and standard of living. Living in a good dream world is great! I'm off to email my checking and savings account numbers to that nice guy in Nigeria. I"M RICH!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may want to study up on North Korea's actions over the past 50 years.

Clue me in. And after you've educated me about North Korea's past, please detail for me the likely threat to the United States it presents right now.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Now all you scared Americans, I want you to take a seat and brace yourself. I have bad news. You can't eliminate every bad hypothetical scenario in the world. And as soon as you (ideally) eliminate one scenario's potentiality (like we did in Iraq), you get faced with an increasing number of equally scary scenarios."

It's called Vigilence, Vitus. America could do nothing about North Korea, Iraq, Iran and just go with the flow, let things unfold as they will. It's no big deal...........would you like that? Maybe we should pass the hat to Canada so they can attempt to diffuse international crisis.' I think the South Koreans and Japanese have more reason to be afraid than us "scared Americans."

I started this thread asking what would the left/democrats do in the event of a real confrontation? Why don't you get back on topic and tell us what Vitus would do? Or, tell us why Japan and South Korea have nothing to worry about because Kim Jong Il is a mere mythical bad guy who came to us in our dreams?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the past 50 years, North Korea has built a million man army while allowing it's people to starve and suffer from diseases that have been irradicated in the rest of the world. It has sponsored and committed terrorist attacks including bombings of planes. It has kidnaped individuals from Japan. It has killed soldiers in the DMZ. It's basically a very bad place run by the worst people on earth.

Now here's the threat to the US. North Korea sells offensive missiles to other countries. If you have the $$ and are willing to pay, you can buy them. North Korea has developed Nuclear weapons. Now here's a link you're going to have to make. It's going to be a tough one. Based on North Korea's past actions of selling offensive missiles to other countries, (I know this is reaching) they could sell nuclear weapons to other countries. And here's a big reach. These other countries could give them to terrorists. Now I know I'm just dreaming up a horrible worst case senerio and North Korea has never actually sold anything, and Iran has never actually given aid to terrorists. So sleep well tonight!

Now I know I'm just a war mongerer and we should wait until a nuke originating from North Korea takes out a US city before we do anything. It's not like we have a history of allowing anyone to blow up two embassies and a navy ship without doing anything, and then be shocked that they escalated it to an attack on US soil.

But hey any of these things are at least 2 years away. Let's not do anything now and hope for the best! Kind of like what we did in 1994. We got a good 12 year run.
Quote Reply
Re: What about North Korea? [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's called Vigilence, Vitus.

I'm all for vigilance. What's going on lately more closely resembles paranoia.

America could do nothing about North Korea, Iraq, Iran and just go with the flow, let things unfold as they will. It's no big deal...........would you like that?

As opposed to, say, the mess we're in wit Iraq right now? Yep. We'd be better off.

Canada so they can attempt to diffuse international crisis.

What international crisis?

I started this thread asking what would the left/democrats do in the event of a real confrontation? Why don't you get back on topic and tell us what Vitus would do?

What Vitus would do is refrain from initiating a conflict, as so many seem so eager to do. In the event North Korea initiated a conflict, I'd take steps to end it vigorously.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Now I know I'm just a war mongerer and we should wait until a nuke originating from North Korea takes out a US city before we do anything."

Dude, Stop making sense. Vitus would likely be more worried about the effects on global warming from the missile exhaust at the launch site than from the detonation of the bomb in his front yard.

Either way there is hope, I think he would be ready to negotiate with NK once the nukes are inbound.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy, now- breathe, that's it. I know you can deal with it. In fact, I'm betting that you'll sleep a little easier once you stop dreaming up the worst case scenario doomsday situations, and insisting that someone solve them all- by force.

Are you crazy, Vitus? This is a War Without End, don't you see?

Without all these guys absolutely out there plotting to kill all of us, what would the government and the politicians and the military do?
Quote Reply

Prev Next