Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guess I'll play: Differences b/w 2003/2004 Guru Crono?
Quote | Reply
Trivial question and an attempt to be "tri-oriented:"

I have run into a deal on a 2003 Guru Crono 53cm and I am guessing it's my height by the 2004 measurements (I am 5'10", 165lbs, 31" inseam, longer torse is likely w/ 53-54 top tube). Was fitted on a Serotta Fit bike last year but not sure how keen I am on the fitting as the fitter had the aerobars jacked up so they were almost more vertical than horizontal. I think he thought the aerobars we to act more like a bumber-tv antenna-bookholder.

At any rate, I will likely be able to get the 2003 bespeckled with DA10 as opposed to a 2004 w/ Ultegra9. . .what would Tom do?

"For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I've seen them but not very often." -Morrissey
Quote Reply
[BUMP] Guess I'll play: Differences b/w 2003/2004 Guru Crono? [Ryan in GA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry but I know Tom D can play here; little help Jedi Master?

"For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I've seen them but not very often." -Morrissey
Quote Reply
Re: [Ryan in GA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a Guru Crono and I know what I'd do - go for it!

mp
Quote Reply
Re: [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word, thanks for the reply.

2003?

Is the Espresso BB really as stiff as they say it is?

What size is it and how tall are you?

Thanks ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2002 - custom size (I'm 5'10" and would normally ride a 53 or 54 on most bikes)

The Espresso BB is really stiff - all power transfers DIRECTLY to the rear wheel. (I weigh about 175 and I'm pretty strong and I have never noticed any BB flex)

mp
Quote Reply
[bump] Tom? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I'd give it another try. . .and thanks Toronto :-)

Quote Reply
Re: [bump] Tom? [Ryan in GA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, I got the information from Guru on this and they say there aren't any differences so all good. . .

I don't want to start a flame but do you like Guru Crono over say. . .the P3?

Thanks!

*puts on fire-resistant suit, sprays down with fire-retardant gel, and crosses fingers*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bait not taken. . .

Oh well, thanks for at least "looking" at it Tom :-\

Quote Reply