Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those HED's don't look like your bars, but these Ovals do.

Quote Reply
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the link to the Oval aerobar website? Are these available and in production now?....I can't see how the HEd bar would be worth about 200 more, but maybe it is?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what is the link to the Oval aerobar website? Are these available and in production now?....I can't see how the HEd bar would be worth about 200 more, but maybe it is?

Thanks

-------------------------
Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
http://www.citycoach.org
Quote Reply
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Pooks, I read your comments a couple times. Yeah, you do have somewhat of a point- but Dan does too: The Hed aerobars come with a nice, small integrated brake lever. The weights you're reporting (I think....) do not include any brake levers. The Hed aerobars do include them, so that is a weight savings there. I'll tell you my friend, I still think $499 is resonable- even a good value- for these. I think you'll go a little faster and I also know consumers do place some value on the "coolness" factor. I think if you add the price of a pair of C-2s, Atraot Base bars, space levers it may start to get closer, but they still aren't nearly as nice as these. You do put this discussion in perspective but, put it this way, I bought a set....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Oval Website URL. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been interested in getting my hands on a pair of the one-piece oval aerobars for a few months now. Here is the link:

www.ovalconcepts.com

They are being distributed by Quality Bicycle Products (QBP). They are only available in a 42cm wide version. Colorado cyclist is one of the first to offer them. I think they have them on sale now.

The aerobar part number in the picture is incorrect, instead of "R70TT" it should read A700. I got this information from Mr. Morgan Nicol, President of Oval Concepts. If anyone is interested in reading the full email he sent me, send me a personal message through this forum and I'll send you a copy.

I'm getting my A700 bars with bike I'm having built. On a related note, chucksbike.com is selling the new Tektro aero brake levers for $12. www.chucksbikes.com/bk087.htm

I'm holding a pair in my hands right now. I wish I could supply a weight for you guys but I don't have a scale to weigh something so light.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: First 30 minutes working with new Hed Aerobar. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually Tom, the weights and prices I listed were with the Syntace Space Control levers. That's a pretty sweet lever. Hey, I'm not a prude, I understand the whole coolness factor! Maybe I'm just bitter b/c I don't have the cash to pony up for a set. If I ever buy them though, it's not going to be because it's such a great value, but because I have a major case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Quote Reply

Prev Next