Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct:
Quote | Reply
I had to slightly redact the "eat shit, and die part". Sorry.

July 4, 2006 Fuck YOU, You Cave-dwelling IslamoFuckheads! by B.C., Imperial Torturer™

With the flip of a switch, the United States of America showed, once again, why Western Civilization is, and always will be, superior to the Turbaned Tumblefucks of Terrorstan™.

Eat. Shit. And. Die.

F.E.T.E Good News, Life in the Empire The "Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler" website. It ranges from foam-at-the-mouth ugly down to only slightly disturbing: http://www.nicedoggie.net/2006/ T.
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 5, 06 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I am filled with pride in the accomplishments of my nation by the sight of the shuttle yet again hurtling spaceward, it saddens me that it appears with the phrase "cave-dwelling IslamoFuckhead."

Yes, our enemies in the War on Terror are largely Muslim, but they represent an infinitesimal percentage of the c 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. Perhaps that fact is more apparent to me because I regularly interact with Muslims of a more than half a dozen different nationalities.

Yes, Western Civilization has given us much to be proud of. I am second to none in my love for and pride my nation and its culture, but as a student of history, I am all too familiar with the fact other cultures have, at their height, enjoyed superiority over the rest of the world, only to see it slip away, eventually. Tang China, the Islamic Empire, Rome....

I am reminded of the triumph of the vicorious Roman generals upon their return to the city.

The spectators cheered the victorious general so highly that there was some danger that his head would be turned by their flattery.

To prevent his becoming too conceited, however, a wretched slave was perched on a high seat just behind him. This slave wore his usual rough clothes, and was expected to bend down, from time to time, and whisper in the conqueror's ear:

"Remember you are nothing but a man."

Reverisco!
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kangaroo wrote an article about our technology?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Florida grows the best oranges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boy, if they explode and disintigrate on the way home someone will be eating his/her words.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our tech may be vastly superior, but consider the bang for the buck: What's AQ's budget ??? And ours ???

The Empire may spend itself into the ground.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AQ's probably spending a few more bucks these days, reverse engineering all of their financial transactions and looking at all their comm capabilities, given that they now know the exact ways in which we've been tracking them ;-)

AQ likes the "low-tech, high-concept" operation. How many of them, though, have been successful of late? Any in the U.S.?

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the Middle Ages, Islamic culture was more advanced than the West.

Did you read Eaters of the Dead?

The words algebra, algorithm are derived from Persian and Arabic.

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [wmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In light of the Islamic contributions to science, I wonder if you think you or Islamic culture contributed more to the launch of the space shuttle (besides the mandatory paying of taxes)?

iambigkahunatony.com
Last edited by: wmh: Jul 5, 06 21:10
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [wmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I am curious why you attributed the launch of the space shuttle as an affront to Islam.

You could similarly portray a Yankees win.

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read the book. It only gives an incomplete picture of the role Islam played in the sciences back then. More to the point, Islam did a good job at preserving the science that it came upon in those regions where it came into contact with the 'West'. The deeper you go into the interior regions of the Islamic world, though, the more you find backwards thinking and a rigid adherence to the Mohammedan worldview.

If you want to give a hearty "attaboy" to the one man who did more to pull the West back from the precipice, in terms of falling into that same rigid and unbending adherence to an uncompromising religious worldview (Islam), give it to Charles Martel, who defeated the Moors at the Battle of Tours. Until then, it was a really dicey proposition in terms of classic Western Civilization being able to flower and lead up to the Rennaissance and the "Quattrocentro" and subsequent advances in medicine, sciences, literature etc.

Better to ask how Islam got itself into this dead end of phobias about anything not in the Qu'ran and the Hadith.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AQ likes the "low-tech, high-concept" operation. How many of them, though, have been successful of late?

They had "successful" attacks in Madrid, Indonesia and London all subsequent to 9/11. That makes at least 4 in 5 years. I would be careful to write them off so quickly or dismiss the future threat.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
AQ likes the "low-tech, high-concept" operation. How many of them, though, have been successful of late? Any in the U.S.?
If you made that statement and asked those questions in the summer of, say, 2001, how stupid would you have looked a couple of months later?
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said an attack upon the United States. It's not my fault if the Brits or the Spaniards don't take AQ as seriously as we do. Since 9/11, where in the U.S. has AQ been successful.

And now, it's releasedd a videotape the day before the 1st anniversary of the 7/7 Tube attacks in London that seems to indicate that AQ was more deeply involved in that attack than the British government is willing to admit, for fear of angering its immigrant Muslim populations, it appears.

We're in a war, guys. And it's global in nature. Appeasement only leads to a more vicious war further down the road. Better to get at the malignant cancer cells while they're small in number than to have to go through radical surgery and more pain later on.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I repeat: If you made that statement and asked those questions in the summer of, say, 2001, how stupid would you have looked a couple of months later?
Quote Reply
Re: Okay, So This Guy Is A Raving Rightwing Lunatic...But His Point About Western Technological Superiority Is Correct: [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I repeat, "any in the U.S., of late"? What does it have to do with the summer of 2001? Your statement is a non-sequitur.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]And I repeat, "any in the U.S., of late"? What does it have to do with the summer of 2001? Your statement is a non-sequitur.

T.[/reply]
Your statement, if made in the summer of 2001, would have been shown to be in error. Why do you think it holds any more validity today? An absence of any attacks on the US of late is no more indication of the ineffectiveness of al Qaeda now than it was in 2001.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your statement, if made in the summer of 2001, would have been shown to be in error. Why do you think it holds any more validity today? An absence of any attacks on the US of late is no more indication of the ineffectiveness of al Qaeda now than it was in 2001.

How many AQ operations do you think that we've blown up since 9/11? There are a number of them, I'd say, just from having a small amount of past experience in these matters. That doesn't mean that we won't get hit, again. I've said in the past that it's a question of when, not if.

However, in a war like this, it's important that we maintain the initiative, stay ahead of their operational cycle and continue doing what we're doing. I'm comfortable with saying, as should be most of our citizenry, that we've been doing yeoman work in disrupting AQ operations. Just because it's not trumpeted by Erich Lichtblau and the NYT doesn't mean it doesn't happen, you know.

So, you can see that I disagree with your assertion that counting the length of time that it's been since the U.S. was hit on 9/11 is a valid metric of success in the greater war on terror. While not being able to get inside OBL or Zawahiri's heads, I'd say that that's also got to be frustrating to them. Witness the recents busts of terror cells in Toronto as evidence of at least some transnational intelligence sharing and cooperation.

Just like all the mutual funds say; "Past performance is not an indicator of future success". I'll take my chances, though, with our past performance and also will take comfort in that 5 year-long pattern of the same success.

T.
Quote Reply