Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen so many grown men rolling on the ground in "pain" and holding a body part... i think the portuguese have taken some drama pointers from the NBA.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't get the game live on cable in english (of course, I get it in spanish) and I live in the SF area. WTF is with that?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
um, that is every team that plays soccer. They practice the diving and the raising of the hand at every little thing. Either these guys have 6 hour practices or they have some serious god-given ability, because it seems they practice a lot of things that aren't skill-related.

Penatly kciks. Who knows now.

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met." Steve Prefontaine, Without Limits
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [Bluefan75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caralho !!!!!! O Felipão é foda !!!!!!!!!

Jogo com ele é assim .... emoçao a flor da pele !!!!!!!

Espero que o Brasil passe e poderemos ter um jogo super emocionante nas semifinais !!!!!

VIVA PORTUGAL !!!!!

E VIVA MUITO MAIS O BRASIL !!!!!!

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [Greenswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There may be extra time, but England will wil 2-1. In classical World Cup Champions form, they are building. Brazil next, then a repeat of final of '66. "they think it's all over......it is now....!"

But who will be Geoff Hurst's replacement..........ROONEY!

Hate to say it, I'm racing also. But I'll be videoing for later viewing.

40 years later...the history has it was supposed to have happen from the beginning! No fake goals!

Cristiano Ronaldo...as the british said, he is just show off...true, but he can definitely score a penalty kick! ;-)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I can't get the game live on cable in english (of course, I get it in spanish) and I live in the SF area. WTF is with that?[/reply]

Did you try KGO channel 7? It was on at my house.

clm, on Russian Hill

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crumble, crumble. A lot of teams would like to crumble against Brazil the way France did.

They were also supposed to be wiped by the young invicible Spaniards...

Now, what are you going to say?: Portugal is going to eat them alive?!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [fcrouen1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You gotta admit that most thought Brazil was going to move past France. France had not looked too good up to that point and Brazil, while playing sloppily breezed past most. I think the overall feeling was that France would run out of steam and eventually Brazil would start looking like Brazil.

As it turns out, France is the team that is peaking, and Brazil needs to soul search.

IMO, any one of the four teams left could win the cup. Germany has the "home court" advantage, but Italy isn't allowing goals to anyone. France-Portugal looks to be a good match-up between what should be two talented and emotional teams.

I'm looking forward to both games.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: OT: England vs Portugal [fcrouen1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Portugal did not look like a World Cup winner in their game against England. And England was horrid as well. Rooney should have been sent to the showers after Ecuador. Crouch looked brilliant (Ok, he hasn't always looked like much more than a tall polio victim, but....). No play from Wolcott. :(

I'm not sure Sven did a bang up job of coaching, but what do I know, I supported a team that couldn't beat Ghana. Sheezh, I need an aspirin or 6.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply

Prev Next