Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Things are looking good for new GNR
Quote | Reply
Axl Rose Arrested In Stockholm

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose was arrested in Stockholm early this morning (June 27) after allegedly biting a security guard in the leg outside his hotel, police said.

Rose, who performed in the Swedish capital last night, was being held on suspicion of attacking and threatening the guard, as well as causing damage to the Berns Hotel where the alleged scuffle took place, police spokeswoman Towe Hagg said.

Hagg said Rose was intoxicated during the confrontation, which broke out around 8 a.m., and would face questioning after he sobers up. "He was deemed too intoxicated to be questioned right away," she said. A prosecutor will then decide whether to press charges against him, Hagg said.

It was unclear what caused the fight, but Swedish tabloids said the guard tried to intervene when Rose started arguing with a woman in the hotel lobby.

Fredrik Nylen, one of the police officers who helped arrest Rose, was quoted by the daily Aftonbladet Web site as saying that the singer acted aggressively toward police and had to be "handcuffed and restrained" in the hotel. "He kept a high profile, so to speak," Nylen was quoted as saying.
Guns N' Roses played a concert in Stockholm's Globe Arena last night, and had been partying at a well-known night club before the scuffle, Aftonbladet said.

Fat happy Axl: Downgrade

Drunk angry Axl: Upgrade!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: randymar: Jun 28, 06 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Things are looking good for new GNR [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may put my GNR concert t-shirt on tonight in symbolic solidarity with Axl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such a shame. I heard what may have been the single best description of Axl on one of those VH1 specials, that went "You never knew when you saw them live if Axl would walk off after a couple songs or perform the best show in rock and roll history".

I saw them in '88 when they opened for Aerosmith and they completely blew them away. I've never seen a opener play to (and completely enthrall) a sold out arena that showed up JUST for them. I happened to be out in the parking lot and crossed paths with them as they were being led to their tour bus and they had this swagger that was instantly recognizeable.

Then I saw them in '91 at the famous St Louis riot. They weren't as good then.
Quote Reply
Re: Things are looking good for new GNR [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never saw them, but when I worked at the Dolphin Club (1986-87), a friend of mine gave me a tape of theirs from LA.

I may have been the first to play "Sweet Child O' Mine" in a Philly strip club.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you certainly won't be the last!
Quote Reply
Re: Things are looking good for new GNR [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't work there anymore, but I showed my girlfriend where it is as we ran Broad Street together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Buckethead back in the fold?
Quote Reply