Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

traveling to europe with bike. need help
Quote | Reply
- will be leaving on a voyage to italy in a couple weeks for about a month to train. i've been told that "co2 cartridges" are not permitted on flights. other than bringing along a frame pump, do any of you have suggestions? are co2's readily available at the LBS?

- would i be allowed to take two large suitcases along w/ my bike? or just one piece of luggage along w/bike?

thank u
Quote Reply
Re: traveling to europe with bike. need help [oc3ram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know that it's important to pack light, but is there any reason you wouldn't include the frame pump when you pack, as a plan B? i mean, they're pretty small...

as for airlines, it's pretty much a crapshoot, what you have to pay for and what they won't charge you for.
Quote Reply
Re: traveling to europe with bike. need help [oc3ram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CO2's are readily available in Europe. I used to fly a lot with my bike and buying CO2's at each destination then giving them away each time got real expensive so I switched to a small pump. I have never flatted in a race so far so it hasn't made a different to my time but it has made a difference to my wallet!

I load up my bike box to as close to the limit as possible - normally go over a fraction - and then take one other bag and my in-plane bag.

If you are trying to/from the US your allowance is 2 pieces of in-hold luggage. If you are travelling elsewhere in the world on a flight it is normally one.
Quote Reply
Re: traveling to europe with bike. need help [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys... i might just get a basic light frame pump.
Quote Reply