Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comfy cycling shoes... an oxymoron?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a shoe for a fairly severe pronator? I've been using Sidi's T2 tri shoe, but the dang things are too narrow in the front and too loose in the back.

I'm looking for a road shoe as I don't plan on doing any tris for awhile.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy cycling shoes... an oxymoron? [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Carnac? And I recommend trying more than their tri shoes. Their tri shoes are narrower than their road shoes but still plenty wide in the toebox. The heel cup is not narrow, but snugs up well for me. I can tell you that my Nike Poggios fit narrower in the toebox than the Sidis. For me, Northwaves fit really loosely and didn't snug up that well (the Evolution Multisport model). All in all, my favorite shoe in the last 10 years was my Carnacs, though I don't remember the model. Absolute Cadillac comfort. My least favorite was the Northwaves. I thought I should have gotten a size bigger and added a Sorbothane insole or something because they were just too hard on the feet.
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy cycling shoes... an oxymoron? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the call for Carnacs. I am somewhat happy with their tri shoe, the TRS-7C, although it seems I am in between sizes with them. But my day to day riding shoe, a Carnac Ellipse is awesome. I could wear that shoe all day. It fits my foot perfect and is very comfortable. Of course everyone's foot is different and what is great for me might be a dog for you, but I would recommend trying a pair of Ellipse's on.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new specialized pro-road shoes are amongst the most comfortable that I have tried on. I am not sure of the effect of the varus wedge on pronation however.
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy cycling shoes... an oxymoron? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say try on several different models of several different manufacters. Check several LBS's since they will have some variation in the lines carried. Even though tribriguy didn't like his northwaves I have the kayman tri model and love it. It is very stiff and has a big wide toe box that my feet of above average width enjoy. I've had sidis and liked those but a bit narrow up front and I had some old carbon shimano's that I rode until the velcro straps feel apart (about 6 yrs and a few crashes). Even then I held them together with safety pins for a few months. Happy shoe hunting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also a great fan of carnacs. I have used the ellipse for 3 years now and its still going strong, although looking quite trashed. 3 straps seems to fit better for me since my feet are narrow over the top, but long.
Quote Reply