Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Related to previous Starbuck's rant:
Quote | Reply
I'm going to Starbuck's across the street for coffee and crumbly cakes. I'll deliver an unflinching report upon my return to let you know if the situation has improved.

Starbuck's: The place we all love to hate.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hrmmmmphff.

Largely uneventful sorry to say. The line was long and the employees a bit frazzled but pretty typical.

Sorry, no drama to report.

Instead, I will offer this.

On the front page of today's New York Times there is a story that reads something to the effect of, "In a classified intellignece report submitted to Congress, it was revealed that...."

If it's classified, why is it on the cover of the New York Times?

Sorry for wasting forum space. I thought this would be spectacular.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered putting in an espresso machine? Offering a new of returning customer a cup o joe might be a nice way to welcome them (hitting upon your customer thread).

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don;t have an espresso machine but we did have a coffe machne for a while. It was marginally popular.

Our two latest improvements have been a brand new changing room, much larger and right next to the wetsuits with a nice mirror and all the accoutrements for trying on wetsuits and cycling apparel, and...

We're putting up a larger flat panel video monitor suspended from the ceiling by the fitting counter so people can watch the Tour de France, Ironman, etc., etc.- all the videos that are playing throughout the day.

By the way Hid, your goodies have been shipped..... :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh! Schweeeet! Thank you sir :-)

The additions to the store sound great. I wish I lived close enough to check them out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could swing a cat by the tail in the new changing room.

Little known TD fact: I was once ejected from a Victoria's Secret fitting room with a girl named Amber for "inappropriate conduct" and because "men aren't allowed in the fitting rooms with women" (what fun is that?).

How embarrassing.

Not likely to happen in our fitting room though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably highly more likely now that you have shared that bit of the past :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not any more. I'm a confirmed misogynist.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without positive confirmation this was the case, I'd guess that the reason your coffee maker was "marginally popular" is that you weren't charging $5.00 for the Venti Demerly Grande Miso Gyno Frappe. . . . . . . .Skinny.

Put up a menu and charge more per cup than the average carbon stem and I'm betting you'll find yourself quickly shifting from bike sales to beverage and fat pill hawking. Of course your new clientele would seriously challenge your newly discovered (or is it "long dormant") misogynistic tendencies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Church of Stop Shopping's rant on starbucks or as they put it frankenbucks-

http://revbilly.com/docs/starbucks%20action%20flyer.pdf

The mermaid thing brought a smile

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not any more. I'm a confirmed misogynist.
!!! Does Claudia know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop with the claudia shit guys.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current issue of Time magazine reports there are 19,000 different ways to order a coffee at Starbucks...

Quote | Reply
You know, I got hundreds of e-mails from IBA (as I call the International Barista Army) about that damn post I put out there. Seems that not all Starbucks employees have piercings, and many have managed to acquire that elusive High School Diploma (and stagnated there after I would guess). I still have not yet been back to “Da Bucks” for fear of retail-iation from the IBA in the form of mucus and other fluids contaminating my Double Frappa Macchiatolingonberryachino. Last thing I need is a woman who looks as if she fell face first into Roland Martins tackle box on the dock – tea bagging her used tampon into MY caffeine laden beverage.

The whole scenario is bothersome to me. I can only imagine that one day I will have the IBA launching scalding decaf beverages in my general direction as if I was VC hiding in the bush. The ramifications of this I think may be long lived…I have shaken the beast…and it has my e-mail address.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sister manages a Starbucks and even she hates it :) When I come to buy my bike in July, I'll bring you up some Starbucks coffee so you don't have to deal with the actual store.
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [JayC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going into the Starbuck's in LAX and a guy comes up to me and says, "Are you Tom Demerly from the Slowtwitch forum... the guy that posts all the time?"

I say, "Yeah."

He says, "I never thought I'd see you in a Starbuck's!"

I was busted.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that's funny Tom!

A another good reason to avoid Starbuck's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny cartoon movie about what Starbucks is realy all about. Has some curses in it, so if your at work turn the volume down.

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/...ovies/foamy/sml.html

Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what touching and sentimental imagery .... "Last thing I need is a woman who looks as if she fell face first into Roland Martins tackle box on the dock – tea bagging her used tampon into MY caffeine laden beverage."

What a poetic sentiment ... Record, you truly have a way with the language.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He really does. Some of his posts are really very, very good. All of them are at least good. I laughed pretty darn hard at that one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Related to previous Starbuck's rant: [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know if that is a compliment or not....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply