Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

taping over vents in helmet...for a triathlon???
Quote | Reply
I've seen posts on this forum about how taping over the vents in your helmet gives you a measurable aerodynamic advantage, but has anyone done this in a triathlon? My concern is overheating, especially considering we still have a run to do. I will be trying it out in a couple weeks in a couple cycling time trials, but I'm interested in seeing if anyone here has done it with good or poor results.
Quote Reply
Re: taping over vents in helmet...for a triathlon??? [powerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of the Juniors at the last World Championships did this because it was so cold in the morning.

Also if you've seen pics of Lance in his last few TTs he used this technique too. I'm not too sure about the over-heating thing though.
Quote Reply
Re: taping over vents in helmet...for a triathlon??? [powerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. I certainly can't speak to the aerodynamic benefits it may provide, but it might make sense on a chilly morning.

I noticed a number of guys used the Louis Garneau aero helmet at IMNZ and it probably was well suited for that course since it was quite cool out.

Interesting question. This is a good one for John Cobb.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply