Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Semicamp Q
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan,

I see the scoring system for Semicamp. Baron and I are going to start a little late as we are recovering from IMNZ but it will be interesting to play along. Are semicamp management offering any points for strength training?

You going to step up and come on out with us? Warming up with us will make dealing with Big J a whole lot easier.

g
Quote Reply
Re: Semicamp Q [gbyrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"offering any points for strength training?"

i'd like you to present your written arguments, for the court's consideration. i know you guys offer such points, and it seems appropriate, give me an idea what you have in mind.

"You going to step up and come on out with us?"

as we've discussed, when you do your transam tour, or whatever it is you're calling it, i'll be there for a fair bit of it. plus, if you're around in early april, we'll have 4 big days in the southern sierras with the other swede.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Semicamp Q [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure that a good gym session is worth about an hour of running. Say 7-8 miles in an hour. So I propose 30 points for a solid gym session, with a total cap of 60 gym points in a week (we had to cap Molina on Epic or he'd be in the gym everyday).

Say, 15 points for a moderate gym session, something like the simple dryland program on my tips page.

Sound reasonable?

g-man, who won't start training again until an easy Pacific Ocean swim on the 19th to start the TransUSA trip (AKA gRAAM).
Quote Reply