Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Curling!!!? What the F*CK
Quote | Reply
NBC is broadcasting curling right now. Is this even a sport? XFL, arena football, Leno and then they butcher Kona coverage! NBC sucks!!! It's championship weekend for basketball, my alum (go DePaul) doesn't get airtime playing in their conference championship, but NBC puts on curling? Who cares?
Quote Reply
About 20 million Canadians [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Don't go there if you work with Canadians or live in Wisconsin ,man that is some serious winter shit. Try and go out and ride and run when it is 10 degrees for three months in a row. I think there is some alcohol involved in that game as well.
I made the same complaint a while back around three expats and got nailed. Whatevers. G
Quote Reply
Re: Curling!!!? What the F*CK [ecb304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I once dated a young lady from Canada, quite a fine young lady. She took me to a curling match where her friends were competeing in Windsor. It was an elaborate facility with excellent spectator facilities and, obviously, a ton of money had gone into this.

I found it quite amusing. It may not be something I'd get into- but I would do it much sooner than golf. I thought it was quite interesting. It is amazing how difficult it is.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also don't go there if you have any Scots or Scandinavians around. All of those nations are heavily into curling and one of those stones up side your head will make a lot of raspberry jelly!!!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Curling!!!? What the F*CK [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a house maid's sport. All those years of scrubbing the floor have finally paid off.
Quote Reply
Re: Curling!!!? What the F*CK [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's a house maid's sport. All those years of scrubbing the floor have finally paid off."

Know why brides wear white? To match the other domestic appliances!

Tom D got the nearest to the truth. Its not a sport to me, but like golf it's amazingly difficult.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried curling once - two points:

1) It was an absolute blast. The game is actually very fun and fairly technical and, like bowling, you could have a beer or several while playing:

2) I couldn't walk the next day because my legs hurt so bad from sliding myself up and down the lane (or wahtever it is called) and my arms were killing me from all the sweeping. (My head hurt too - see point 1).

Curling is cool - Don't laugh until you've tried it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to curl. Was a lot of fun. At one time curling and Wednesday pub dart league were my main "athletic" activities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's more of a sport than golf.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh dude...don't even go there...

a very very good friend of mine (and ex-teacher) is a 2 time world champion, 3 time national champion here in canada...and i know how hard that game is.

i give mad props to those guys for their ability in their sport.

p.s. what curling match were they showing?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply