Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Virtual Semi-Camp
Quote | Reply
What an AWESOME idea! I needed a kick to get me started for the season ahead and when I saw the email a few days ago it caught my imagination right away.

I just came back from a 35 minute run in a mix of sun and light snow after 3 hours on the trainer this morning with my new Indiana Jones Trilogy.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up the distances through the week - especially Wed with 6 hours on the bike? Yikes, I'm sore after the first three hour session since last fall! All good though.

Many thanks Dan for cooking this one up! :-)

Tim

Why tip-toe though life only to arrive safely at death's door?
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Semi-Camp [WRXFiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fought a little rain this morning in Dallas to put in a solid 80 mile ride followed by a 4 mile run...I figure that's 96 points. I hope to put in a 100 pt. day tomorrow. I am taking a half day off work on Wed. so i can get in a 5-6 hour ride. I look forward to reading all of y'alls post.

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Semi-Camp [WRXFiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started on wensday..
cause its usually to cold to ride outside.. i;m counting an hour on the trainer as 27 km.. and because i'm canadian.. i'm doing all my points in metric... someone can convert to imperial if you feel like it.. but i'm not.. everything aside from the swims is at low HR too.. i'm 20, so i consider low HR to be 130-140
anyhow..
wen- Swim - 4000 m.. 1.20
thur - 1.30 outdoor bike.. 44 km total.. was gonna go for a run, but felt like i was gonna get sick.. so i went to be early.. woke up and felt great

fri - swim - 4700 m.. 1.25 , bike - 1.30 on trainer.. (it started snowing outside again!!.. what the hell!)
saturday - 2 hour trainer ride, 1 hour run off the bike.. (it was sooo cold outside) ~ 11 - 12 km - note - make sure to eat more than 3 apples, 2 granola bars and 4 oreos when doing this.. i did it as an am workout, didn't eat breakfast, and was constantly grabbing food during the ride.. and then i died during the run

Totals so far

Swim - 8700 m - 2:45 hours = 87 points

Bike - 5 hours ~ 135 km= 135 points
run - 1 hour ~ 11.5 km = 45 points

if you wanna convert to imperial... go for it
Quote Reply