Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Semicamp?
Quote | Reply
Firstly, I think its an awesome idea...and really motivating!

Secondly, a probable dumb ass question - Is the 'competiton' (as it were) to see how far you can go in the set time limits slowmans doing - 19hours bike, 7 hours running...12k swimming..

Or is it, however much you do in the 9 day period?

Anyway, I'm in Aus, so I'll start it off if you like..

59 Mile Ride....8k swim....8 mile run.
Quote Reply
Re: Semicamp? [swift_sam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Or is it, however much you do in the 9 day period?"

for us, it's base miles. for you, of course, it might be different because of seasonality. so, it's to see how far you can go, or what your best story is, or whatever. but the caveat is, you aren't really the winner if you finish the thing with the most points but also with a cold or patellar tendonitis. the goal is to feel stronger every day, which means planning on doing 9 days from day-1. sort of like a stage race.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Semicamp? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at Mar. 17th's schedule... c'mon, that's what, about 8 hours of training. I'll need to take a vacation day off work to even keep up. Working stiffs? I'll have to just make due with my little 4 mile AM run at 5:00, my 45 minute workout at lunch break and my Sunday big ride and/or run. Can't do Saturday, my wife's got that locked up. Even with that minimal amount of training, last season was two firsts, two seconds, two thirds, a fifth and a seventh. With the fifth and seventh being longer events, do you think my endurance is suffering? Looking forward to surviving Calif. Half-Ironman.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply