Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MP3 players: How many of you guys use one? Type? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 20Gb IPOD, old school! Can't live without it. Whether it's training, going to classes, in the car stereo or whatever.

I am glad that I don't remember life without it!

IPOD's RULE

David J
ASU SUN DEVILS

david
asc-arizona state cycling
tribemultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: MP3 players: How many of you guys use one? Type? [deetsay00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got Rio.... Love it! No skip, great armband, easy controls... Battery life is low, but what do you expect on a single AAA battery!

My question is headphones... Rio's suck and have tried several others. Currently using Sony's that just clip on the ear and sound great, but feel like they're flopping up and down during my run. Anyone have a brand they love?

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Re: MP3 players: How many of you guys use one? Type? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i use the sport version of sony's mini disk player as well, and cant workout without it. i can fit about 4 to 5 cd's on one minidisk, no skipping whatsoever and the software it comes with is very user friendly. plus sony claims it gets 40 hours of battery life on one AA, which seems about right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>and a new, lime green i-Pod mini with my name laser etched into the back.<<

Seriously?? I'm waiting on delivery of a new lime, green mini iPod with my name engraved on it. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to think of people who used headphones as "joggers," but I must admit I love running with tunes since the advent of the mp3 player.

Anyone tried the Nike/Philips "sport" model like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/35mft

I guess you US-based athletes only get "name brand" products. Here in the computer capital of the world (OK, pound for pound it is, at least) of Taiwan we get all sorts of odd brand electronics for cheap-cheap. My 128 MB USB external hard drive/mp3 player is one such product.

I paid about US$70 for it. I often switch between my PC and my notebook computer and it works great as a hard drive. And for running I can put it in the pocket of my DeSoto Tuesday Run shorts, my Fuel Belt, or carry it in one hand. Sound is excellent. It's the kind of gadget I don't have to worry about dropping because I didn't pay hundreds of bucks for, like an iPod.

My wife's mp3/USB hard drive is even cooler for running because it's just as light and it has a clip that I can attach to the back of a running hat for total freedom of arm movement.

I also sometimes use a MiniDisc player with an armband. It rocks, but it's a bit heavy compared to the mp3 player, which weights next to nothing and only takes a single AAA battery.

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Last edited by: itchyghost: Mar 14, 04 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: MP3 players: How many of you guys use one? Type? [smitto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you guys get such good usage out of your mini-disc players. I've had my mini-disc for about a year. I ran with it twice, skipped like mad both times, fairly rough dirt trails though. I keep it my work/school bag, after a year, all 4 screws for the front panel have fallen off , it still works but its hard to change discs. I would never buy one again.

Looks like there is an I-pod in my future, too bad they cost so much.
Quote Reply

Prev Next