Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

chamois cream?
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations on chamois cream or alternatives. Seems like one of those things where a non-bicycling specific product might be just as good.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [ashayk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bag Balm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Udder Butter or Bag Balm.

Waiter: "More cod pieces, Mr. Tibbs?"

Tibbs: "Oui."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered some Chamois Butt'r, but haven't used it yet. The ingredients list for Chamois Butt'r, as listed on Team Estrogen's web site, would lead me to think that most any hand/body lotion would work, particularly if it is water resistant.

Chamois Butt'r will have to be magical to justify $12/8oz when I can get a pint of Vaseline body lotion for $4.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely Bag Balm. I can find it at Long's Drugs and it costs 1/4 what the chamois cream costs. I've heard that the ingredients are basically the same as diaper rash ointments, though I haven't been brave enough to try that yet.
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, time for me to take thing down about 46 notches.

Baby Lotion works great, as well as Chamois Butter - just not as thick. However, if you get gassy with some of the foods we tend to eat (Myoplex, Powerbars blah blah blah) you may end up smelling like an infant with a dirty diaper.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i currently use Chamios Butt'r, but i only bought it cause the shop was out of body glide, and i was told you can use this under your wetsuit (it does work) however once this stuff runs out, i'm gonna pick up some bag balm cause it cheaper.. i dunno about using vasiline, never tried that.. but bag balm does work.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bag Balm is awesome in part that it is also an analgesic (sp?)- which helps on those long ass rides

Phil Cutti
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noxema, honestly. That's the best (and cheapest) way to go. I save the expensive Assos Cream (really the best) for, ahem, birthdays and holidays and such. In my tri shorts it's body glide spread all over down there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You know, I've tried all sorts of moisturizers. I even went fragrance free for a whole year. Now my sister, she uses some kind of uh... uh... uh... uh... aloe vera with a little sunscreen in it, and ideally, we should all wear gloves when going to bed, but I found out that that creates a kind of an interference with my... social agenda, you know what I mean. "

Great line from Ocean's 11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline).

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the responses. Bag Balm(what a name) seems to be the concensus and we have a recommendation for Noxema, baby lotion, and Vaseline moisturizer.

Will try the Bag Balm.
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bag Balm? Is this http://www.bagbalm.net/ what we're talking about?

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: chamois cream? [rjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. That's it.
Quote Reply