Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New look Runner's World
Quote | Reply
Runner's World has been revamped. I like it. They dumped the late '80s and got up to date. Best part is unlike Bicycling they didn't pick up that FHM, Blender, Maxxuim "attitude". So while still not great it isn't too bad.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: New look Runner's World [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they trying to be more hardcore? less hardcore? Or is it just the "look" only?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you talking about with the Bicycling thing? I looked all over their website and couldn't find any scantily clad hot chicks anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it looks great. I picked one up at the airport last week (I usually don't) and it was a really good read.. A great story about the 82 Boston Marathon where Dick Beardsley and Alberto Saltazar went head to head for 26.2 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: New look Runner's World [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they really jumped a level with their content, maybe even two. It's a lot less 'surfacey' and more hardcore running stuff. I like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the new look as well. Point size of the new type could be a little larger (although, I was reading it in bed last night as I was beginning to drift off, maybe that had something to do with my struggles...). Seems to me that there's been a move to get away from some of those same old same old stale articles (how much can you take of Liz Applegate's "Secret Power Foods" and Galloway's beginner's 5K training plans?) and toward some more interesting reading. I don't even really care about the training-focused stuff. I mean, how much does running really change? Would just like to read more about interesting people of present and past, or maybe read about places I'd like to go to run or running in exotic locales, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they dump the pinguin? Someone at TNO said they did.
Quote Reply
Re: New look Runner's World [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The penguin is still there, but that's about all they kept. It's just that the format is so totally different that it takes a while to find the article and recognize it for what it is.

I got the new Runner's World and Bicycling the same day, and so far I can't say I like the new look or content change, but that's just my opinion. We won't know whether the new Bicycling will be any good until next month anyway. This month is the Buyer's Guide, so none of the usual stuff is in it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like it too. and shawn colvin in the back says her goal is to do an oly.
Quote Reply