Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Road to Paris" - anyone seen it?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone has seen, and has opinions on the Nike-produced "Road to Paris" video following Lance & the Postals to the 2001 Tour - worth a buy?

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [Fizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's one of my favorites to watch on the trainer. Hell, I even watch it during breakfast before I get on the trainer. It's really well-done with great music, motivating race footage, behind the scenes footage of lance and the boys training, etc. I mean to see that guy riding the tour de france course in the winter in france is pretty damn inspiring. Plus he's talking while he's riding. Buy it. It's well worth the money.
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second Herschel's comments--it's awesome. I've probably watched it 15-20 times and it never gets old. The movie follows USPS for the month of April (2001 I believe) as Lance preps for the tour. There's spring race footage, intertwined with personal interviews, behind the scenes stuff, etc. Excellent. Sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it.

The flick was made by Weiden Kennedy, Nike's ad agency out of Portland. Those of us in advertising know the WK is on of the best out there...
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does one get a copy of it these days, hopefully on DVD?
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cambriabike.com/...adtoparis_02_dvd.htm

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or at World Cycling Productions:

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mv?Screen=SRCH&tn=1&link=1&ti=Road+to+Paris&Search=c%3AVideo+RTP
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers guys, sounds like it's a goer; despite the fantastic visual impact and great stories behind cycling - in fact sport in general (although making an engaging swimming film must be tough...) it always surprises me how few and far between are the real pieces of quality film-making.

Where "A Sunday in Hell" an (admittedly great) 25-year-old piece of Norwegian film is widely cited as the greatest cycling piece ever, you have to think there's a gap in the market for something a cut above the standard "race coverage" to get our spines tingling...

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Paris" - anyone seen it? [Fizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never been a huge Lance fan (really an Ullrich fan, until recently that is :-) but Road to Paris is awesome. The highlight for me is when he climbs one of the mountain passes until the snow covered road stops him. Johan Bruyneel awaits him there with a bit of soup, and Lance says in his best Flemish "Soep is goed, alles goed". That's a saying that is oft repeated in our office.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply