Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

training in Eberstadt/Darmstadt ?
Quote | Reply
just when I thought I was going to get through the offseason without a major overseas trip, the company up and surprises me.. the month of April in Eberstadt, Germany. Whee.

Does anyone have any local info about these towns ? Good run routes, bike routes etc.

The wonderful swimmersguide.com site lists 3 pools in Darmstadt, Zentralbad, Nordbad, and Bezirksbad Bessungen (beserker's bath ? sounds dangerous) but there isn't much info on hours etc.

I'm not going to attempt to take a bike over, may rent one if there are any decent rides nearby.

I know Lothar Leder lives in Darmstadt, so there must be some tri-friendly running/bike clubs around, but Google has not yet found them..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: training in Eberstadt/Darmstadt ? [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best would be to ask on www.3athlon.de if your German is up to it (you can naturally try in English). Otherwise I know a number of people in the area and can forward your request).

Simon
Quote Reply
Re: training in Eberstadt/Darmstadt ? [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted an answer to your question on Gordo's forum. contact Annette Gasper (email on G's forum). she is very friendly and will hook you up with the dudes there.
Quote Reply