Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide????
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience on the Neverreach with A SoftRide. Or has anyone had success with any other behind the seat mount for liquids.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Last edited by: docfuel: Mar 10, 04 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a X-Lab Flatwing with 2 Profile cages on my Rocket TT. I have not had any problems with launching bottles. I also use the profile Aero bottle up front.

Never seen a NeverReach on anything other than a double diamond type frame.

ShaRRky
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think NR mounts on the saddle rails (at least, it used to) so should be perfectly compatible with a soft ride unless the beam extends out so far as to interfere with the bottle.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have short legs for my height and a steep seat angle, so there is a lot of beam behind my seat. Can the post be cut shorter?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can the post be cut shorter?
Yup...if you have Aluminum, take out the hack saw, carbon - take out the hack saw and put on the proper blade.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a Softride SE7 and Zipp 2001. I used behind the seat XLab Flatwings. I use a custom made system that is one or two bottle compatible, depending on the distance that day. and has a tube running to the aerobars. Ya never need to move to get a drink!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a XLab, launched bottles like none other and it wasn't even on my softride. I ride with a Minoura on my softride, only launched a bottle once, in a parking lot bunny hopping over speed bumps.

Easy to reach the bottles, sit nicely below the saddle so you can slide back in the saddle if need be.
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [Fluffyjoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem with my x-lab yet. I just use cheap cages from Peformance and everytime I think about it, just tweak the cages a little tighter.

Hmmm...I kind of like the x-lab set up. I like being able to press against the cages - kind of like being in a recliner.

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Minoura [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It mounts to the seat rails. Nice thing about it is the beam will actually fit in between the two bottle cages.
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket Man,

Can you post a picture of that arrangement??

Last edited by: docfuel: Mar 10, 04 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll mount it tomorrow afternoon and take a pic to post here. If you are interested we still make them. We're just 2 tri guys that had a great idea. We;ve made about 8 of them. My buddy did the actual design and fabrication. We've made a few upgrades since we made the first ones about 2 years ago. They work great. people at races are always wondering where we bought them!! : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To each his own. I use the entire saddle, pratically sit on top of my bottles (w/ the minoura) while descending.

Strange story just for kicks. I actually did the same thing for a while, with REI Novara cages on the X-Lab. One day after I squeezed them, I was riding and getting this strange rattling from behind me. Turns out one side of the cage in 1/2 around the mounting screw had snapped. I didn't squeezing that hard by the way. Anyways, I finished my ride w/ a bottle cage in my jersey (don't like to litter) cuase it rattle like none other, good thing I wasn't ridding w/ a full complement of bottles.
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'll mount it tomorrow afternoon and take a pic to post here. If you are interested we still make them. We're just 2 tri guys that had a great idea. We;ve made about 8 of them. My buddy did the actual design and fabrication. We've made a few upgrades since we made the first ones about 2 years ago. They work great. people at races are always wondering where we bought them!! : )[/reply]

Great! Can't wait. I hate reaching down for the bottle on anything but a gradual uphill. Feels like a waist of time. Who knows if it really is?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just look at a picture of Beth Zinkland in Hawaii, she has a similar set up.
bottles put upside down with a long tube (looks like a tube from a camel back) running from the bottle, below the top tub to the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a Neverreach on my softride Rocket TT for a few rides, but the Neverreach holds so much fluid that didn't like the way the liquid sloshing around felt on the beam (btw - I had to saw a couple inches of extra carbon beam off to make it work). Since then, I have put a minoura on and use that as back-up for long rides (with profile cages, I've never launched a bottle). In races I generally just use an aerobottle and the frame mounted bottle.

BK
Quote Reply
Re: NeverReach (or other rear mount bottle) and SoftRide???? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"just look at a picture of Beth Zinkland in Hawaii, she has a similar set up. "

Got a link to a pic?

Last edited by: ktw70115: Mar 11, 04 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll mount it tomorrow afternoon and take a pic to post here. If you are interested we still make them. We're just 2 tri guys that had a great idea. We;ve made about 8 of them. My buddy did the actual design and fabrication. We've made a few upgrades since we made the first ones about 2 years ago. They work great. people at races are always wondering where we bought them!! : )
I know your tied with business stuff, but when you get a chance post a pic of your setup

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that...yep--got very busy since this is "the season" here in st Augustine. I'll try and get it done this evening!

Paul
Quote Reply