Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Bjorn Andersson's position at IMNZ. [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April 12th vs the Brewers- good team name, terrible ballplayers. then that weekend we got Sea Otter Bike race, World's Toughest Half, and cleaning it up with the IceBreaker Oly. Dist. should be a good week.

this saturday we (Chris and I and maybe a few other poor souls) are going long- 180 miles in the East Bay. Hauth dubbed it the Bjorn Honor Ride. Push off time is 6am- starting in the dark adn will end in the dark.

Phil Cutti
Quote Reply
Re: Bjorn Andersson's position at IMNZ. [RipVanWinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to apologise, I didn't realize you were an elite athlete with a podium finish in an IM race.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Last edited by: smartasscoach: Mar 11, 04 11:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you even read the damn thread? Bjorn probably knows more about bike mechanics than you, and he definitely knows what works for him better than you can tell through a photo.

I'd say you are trolling, but people here make it sound like it's an old geezer word so I'm not gonna use it.

So just stfu and let bjorn's 4:33 bike split speak for itself, k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Wow,

This thread is getting pretty heated. But I must agree with Rip and say that Nobody is good enough to not work on their position. Just because his position "Feels" right to him does not make it so. I believe that Rip was just looking at a picture, like we always do on this site and state our opinion about the picture. What is so wrong with that? Bjorn blazed the IM NZ bike course and should be commended on that. But he did do that Marathon shuffle, so obviously bike position may have something to do with that.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Re: Bjorn Andersson's position at IMNZ. [Becca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bjorn, by power pedals do you mean Frank's Power Cranks?

Scando company -- they are pedals that only turn in one direction. The theory is that you get "on top" of the stroke a bit quicker. The Doodes used for a few seasons. Bearings proved prone to wear -- Mister A now on Time, Baron now on Keywin. I ride Looks.

You guys crack me up with the stuff that you can argue about -- I can assure you the Mister A isn't married to any position or seat height. His goal is the same as all of us... get to the finish line (not T2) as fast as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the Ripper on this one. By THIS photo, I'd say exactly the same thing...seat may be too high. Would have to see him from behind as he pedals to say otherwise. I would actually have to see him lower it a tad and pedal for a week or two to REALLY be convinced it isn't too high.

Doesn't mean this right for Mr. A, but it is an observation that reflects Rip's opinion, and mine.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< This ultimately led me into lowering my saddle by 2 cm >>

you will post a picture of your ultimate position?

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply

Prev Next