Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yet another reason Slowtwitch absolutely rules. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Post deleted by demarie [ In reply to ]
Re: Yet another reason Slowtwitch absolutely rules. [demarie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi D,

You're still a babe. Are in SD these days? There were a ton of people in NZ from SD. Fun crowd. I was jealous.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Your future wife;-) "

Is that a proposal. Congratulations. But do you really want to live in Dearborn!!
Quote Reply
Last edited by: demarie: Mar 9, 04 16:42
Quote | Reply
Hey, have you checked out Delly Carr's photos? He won a gold medal for the single best photograph at the Sydney Olympics. Awesome photgrapher: Great timing, great compostion- amazing.

I just read an interesing book on photography before I went to NZ and it really influenced my photos in NZ. Hopefully you will see the influence. It talked about "distilling the experience to its basic elements" I tried to do that more in my NZ photos which will be on the bikesportmichigan.com website sometime soon.

check out Delly Carr on the web.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another reason Slowtwitch absolutely rules. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Race Tom...........Congrats. People were even posting your progress on race day...........Forgive me on the post of taking a poll of having Ironclm intrioduce you to Claudia....I could not help it. Especially after Ironclm's comment to claudia of not even trying to have an AMEX card smackdown...You have to read the TNO thread . Welcome bak to Slowtwitch! Kenney
Quote Reply
Last edited by: demarie: Mar 9, 04 17:14
Quote | Reply
Well my dear, certainly nice to know you respond well to visual stimulus............. ;)

The book was "C20th Photography, A Complete Guide to the Greatest Artists of the Photgraphic Age." By Reuel Golden.

It was in the bargain book bin. I paid $5.99 for it. It is fascinating. In addition to the great photography the writing and analysis of the photos is superb.

The photo of Marilyn Monroe on page 27 by Eve Arnold is so incredibly and innocently erotic and alluring. It exudes a latent but purified sexuality that makes sex- or the suggestion of it- seem so clean and pure. A very refreshing depiction. -So different that sexual suggestions in photography that seem "seedy" or somehow dark.

There are some great portraits in there, one of Nelson Mandela that is so fun. There are also some horrifying war photos and one of a child that I couldn't keep from crying over briefly.

Amazing how powerful these images are. The book made me ask the question, every time I looked through my viewfinder this past week, "What does this photo SAY to the viewer?"

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Welcom back Tom! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought a lot about you and what really links most of us "Slowtwitchers" during the long bike ride I did last Saturday around Northern Lazio and Umbria. I'm sure that for many of you my 205km in about 7hours would qualify as pleasure rather than as a huge waste of time as my sometimes not so understanding girlfriend did. I enjoyed every minute of it despite being alone. Beautiful roads, magnificent medieval towns bustling with people, not too many cars and those few all very respectful. Man I really felt grateful to whatever bike god there is for giving me the chance to really appreciate such great activity (you guys know what I mean). And by the way, the Fizik Arione I bought only because you were so convincing in your review, was just the best saddle I ever tried!
I only wished my girlfriend could enjoy this as well...
Quote Reply
Re: Welcom back Tom! [Filippo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much Filippo,

The images you paint of your ride are very beautiful. It sounded really wonderful.

I recently wrote an editorial for our website called "Slowtwitch" which talks about this forum and the community on it. It will be up in the next few weeks but touches on some of the things you mentioned.

Again, thank you very much for your kind thoughts my friend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next