Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do I really need race wheels? [Shoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll stay away from the numbers and let the real tech gurus handle that. I can say with out a doubt that the performance impact with a set of good race wheels is significant from two perspectives:

1. The lighter weight and better aerodynamics will improve performance. Also, if the wheels are shorn with really great rubber( preferably tubular), the bike will feel and ride much better.

2. The psychological boost of setting aside equipment just for racing is also very important. Get's you in the right mindset

Note: The impact of #1 will be that much more dramatic if you train on heavy, non aero wheels/tires most of the time. This is what I did and my anectdotal findings were that under most conditions I could ride in at least a cog or two bigger gear when the race wheels were on the bike.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ah, fun with math!... [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you really want to save some money and don't mind buying second hand watch ebay for a Specialized tri-spoke. It is my understanding that it is essentially the same wheel as the Hed version before Hed took over the manufacturing rights.
Quote Reply

Prev Next