Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aluminum Litespeeds
Quote | Reply
Anyone test ride the new aluminum lite speeds? Interested in your Orion road bike, specifically. While I'm on the subject, can anyone recommend a kicka** road frame for under $1500?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Re: Aluminum Litespeeds [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, the one that fits the best.... (I couldn't resist that, I am a bad man.)

We've sold a handful (less than 20) of the Litespeed aluminums. They were nice bikes. I like the Vela a lot. It rides great and is a useful fit tool for the longer torso rider. Solid bike. Basic, but solid. Is Litespeed (ABG) the next Trek? Yes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Aluminum Litespeeds [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom:

Can't you get a Giant full ultegra for the price of the Vela with 105? that's what they're going for around here, unless I'm mistaken.

It seems like you pay a premium for litespeed aluminum vs Giant/Trek/Cdale. Why is that? is the difference worth what might be a few oz of frame weight? i'd rather have the ultegra. what do most of your customer's prefer?

the Vela's black 105 components look sweet.

Burns
Quote Reply
Re: Aluminum Litespeeds [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a 9 year lay off I have the motivation to run a triathlon and just purchased a Litespeed Ultegra equipped Capella. I was able to negotiate at LBS and bought the bike for $1500, less pedals, etc. I looked at the C-dale R600 as well as some Trek's, but thought for a little more money, the components on the Capella made the difference. And the bike fits, although after reading here I may opt to get fitted properly (FitKit I think.)

I also opted to go the route of buying locally, but only because I wanted a good fit and my tools and skills are dated. With a FT job and a 1 year old, time is also a factor for service.

That said, as I look to run my first triathlon, I will thank you all in advance for providing a great resource.

Regards... Ray G
Quote Reply
Re: Aluminum Litespeeds [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine has the Antares from last year. Besides looking smooth as hell, he claims it rides like a dream. VEERY light as well. FWIW...

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply