Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pistons win
Quote | Reply
Well the Pistons finally closed out the Cavs today. In a rather convincing fashion when you consider they dominated the first 8 minutes and the last 16, with just about even play in between. LeBron James is as good as advertised, there is no question. He does, however, get Michael Jordan treatment from the refs. From hammering Rasheed Wallace's arm to get a steal with no call, to a play today where he simply fell and threw the ball up and got a foul call, he gets lots of help.

But the Pistons were their own worst enemy in this series as well. With all of that help, the Cavs could not win by more than 2-3 points. Today's game is never in doubt if the Pistons make 7-8 of the 10 free throws they missed in the first half.

I think Miami's only hope is a)they catch the Pistons very tired on Tuesday and steal one, and b)the shooting touch doesn't return. I don't think Miami presents the type of challenge that puts the Pistons in a difficult position.

But I am looking forward to some good hoops out west tomorrow night!

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met." Steve Prefontaine, Without Limits
Quote Reply
Re: Pistons win [Bluefan75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LeBron James is as good as advertised, there is no question. He does, however, get Michael Jordan treatment from the refs.

He's getting there ... but the "Jordan treatment" would have entailed fouls called on James's late game 6 four turnovers ... some of those steals had, what could be called, some contact. Jordan, when dribbling into a triple-team would have ended up on the free-throw line.

Safe to say, James certainly isn't "hype" ... and we all remember all the amazing things said about him when he was dunking on 5'10 kids from the suburbs.

It'll be very interesting to see how Cleveland builds their roster in the future. Will they go after a big guy in the Kobe-Shaq mold, or will they go after a SF and PF like the Bulls and the Jordanaires?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply