Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cubs fans sicken me!
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aiAgAbE-o

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: May 19, 06 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Cubs fans sicken me! [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and I have our differences, Matthew, but this is one thing upon which we agree 110%.

It gave me nearly unhealthy amounts of glee to see the Cubbies fans long faced after my Padres swept them right out of Petco Park two weeks ago. That was followed closely by another Padres sweep at Wrigley Field. 2006 season: Padres 7, Cubs 0.

You suck Cub-bies, YOU SUCK! *clap clap*

Additionally, I never miss an opportunity to sneak a Bartman reference into any conversation with a Cubs fan...

--. --- .... . .-. . .-.-.- .- .-.. --- .... .- .- -. -.. -- .- .... .- .-.. --- .-.-.-
19° 38’ 11.08” N 155° 59’ 30.66” W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is just so . . . so . . . WRONG!
Quote Reply
Re: Cubs fans sicken me! [Doc H6llyw66d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It gave me nearly unhealthy amounts of glee to see the Cubbies fans long faced after my Padres swept them right out of Petco Park two weeks ago.

It's strange isn't it? The Cubs lose more than anyone, yet it brings such happiness when they do. It's like celebrating the toilet flushing, or each soap bubble, or each fly that you see.

It's one thing to celebrate mediocrity, it's another to celebrate failure. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why someone roots for the Cubs. It's not even a "regional thing".

The other day my 5yo son was the bat boy for our HS team. We wore white uni's w/ red trim", and since he didn't have a HS uni, he wore his pujols white Cardinal's jersey he got for his birthday. Walking to the field, a few Cub fans sounded off, "Why is he wearing THAT?", I responded, "he's in the gifted program". They loved it.

The Cubs don't even get the most attention in their own city anymore. That's way overdue. How can a team lose 100 games and still make money? The North Side -- where losing is not failure, but an expectation.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's even more gross is the guy had to go home like that afterwards, probably on the train or in someone's car. Hope he got plenty of hepatitis shots afterwards.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's saying that the clip was removed. What did it show?
Quote Reply
Re: Cubs fans sicken me! [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some guy diving into a trough of urine. Good times.

Is that called a "Golden Bath"? [or "Pot of Gold"] I'm not quite up to speed on the latest lingo.

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: Cubs fans sicken me! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's called "A guy who is not going to get laid that night"

"A guy who is not going to get laid that night"

I thought that was a prerequisite for being a Cub fan? Har Har Har.

=======================
Quote Reply