Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is it whenever people fly off the handle in response to someone and get called on it they always claim to be "just kidding?"

You're absolutely right, because your witty prose has broken through my best defenses I flew, just FLEW off the handle like a complete maniac. I am so frustrated and paralyzed by your well researched responses to this thread that the only thing I can do is get completely out of control. It took me hours to come up with oil gargler and I really thought that I hit you where it hurts. You republo-pirates are the real Chuck Norris. It’s going to take a long long time to recover from this. I've been upset all morning. sniff sniff. I hope you’re happy.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for bearing out what I said and the stereotypes that are out there. LOL

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch, damn you are good.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ouch, damn you are good.[/reply]

Much better then you following all the stereotypes. Hell I could have told you what you were going to say before you posted. *yawn*

Have your last word now, but please try to a make it your first intelligent post.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You win.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trolling exactly. Just commenting on recent reports that the air in America is getting cleaner and how bad that is for global warming. Something to do with fewer pollutants allowing more sunshine to reach the surface of the Earth.

If we pollute, we are doomed. If we don't pollute, we are doomed.

We need to summon up Mount St. Helens technology more frequently to block out the sun, apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in seeing these "reports" that say that improved local air quality is bad for global warming.

Any guesses on why local air quality has improved even though energy consumption has increased? Any comments on the damage improved local air quality has had on the American or local economy?

I think you were going for Mt. Pinatubo, not Mt. St. Helens.

Quote | Reply
Just commenting on recent reports that the air in America is getting cleaner and how bad that is for global warming.

I wonder which of the corporations that creates the most pollution commissioned this report?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a BBC report on the global warming caused by the reverse of "global dimming."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4880328.stm

See, I really can't make stuff like that up all by myself.

Obviously air quality has improved in the United States because of all the cleaning up we have done, especially with autos.

Don't ask me to vouch for the report, please. I think cleaner air is better. Honest.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no scientist, but I always thought that the idea was to allow sunlight to reach the Earth, and heat to escape back out. That's why Venus is so hot, because of the dense atmosphere. The idea that clean atmosphere would be worse for global warming doesn't seem to make any sense. The suns rays get through no matter what, it's letting the energy back out that is hurting us.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casey, don't you know that everything causes global warming? This is doubtless from one of the researchers of the global warming industry.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing to see here...move along....its another normal cyclical event [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, I really can't make stuff like that up all by myself.

And I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I always thought you were pretty good at making things up:), just like the rest of us.

Don't ask me to vouch for the report, please. I think cleaner air is better. Honest.

Well, since you said Honest, I'll believe you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Casey, don't you know that everything causes global warming?

When we have a warm winter it's because of global warming and when we have a cold winter, it's because global warming in another state pushed the cold air into Idaho.

Quote Reply

Prev Next