Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McCain is not the likely GOP candidate.

I would disagree and think he is the front runner. He is clearly positioning himself with all of his waffling on pandering to the Christian right base of Bush. I always supported McCain but of late, he is really trying to please everyone to garner more support. His recent grovelling with Falwell is very disappointing because he is so transparent with his reaching out to a group he used to despise.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear, since I think he likely carry a national election. But please enlighten me, who is the next candidate? Hopefully Jeb.
Quote Reply
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allthough Jeb would make a fine president, it will never happen. IMO there is no GOP frontrunner. It's just too early. Iowa is still a long, long way away. Let's get through the '06 election cycle first before thinking too hard about '08. No way McCain has the same steam the media pumped him up with in '00. He's soured too many Republicans for being such a thorn and he's turned off too many Democrats for his support of the war, tax cuts, and his abortion views - to name just a few problems we would have in a national race.

Guiliani is mentioned as having the highest name recognition, but he too carrries a whole lot of baggage with Republican party loyalists.

There are just too many names in the ring now and the campaigns are a long way from starting. Could be Frist, Romney, Owens, who knows? I haven't really spoken with my 'Bush' sources in awhile, so I don't know what the 'inside' gossip is, if any.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, waffling is an art form for politicians. The idea is to have more waffle forms than IHOP. That way you can always move sideways and out of the path of the train that is running over your last great cause.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But as long as we're having fun speculating, I think Richardson could turn the tables in a national election. I have no idea how he would do in a Primary. But if he can win his parties nomination, he would carry the Southwest. Plus give him the traditional Northeast Blue states and he has a comfy amount of electoral votes. I totally see him winning Florida, and making Texas very competitive. Done deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the great thing about opinions and assholes, we all have one.

Quote | Reply
Warning turn your smart ass filter on

If you think that government policies impact the economy as much as the governments try and tell us, you need an economics lesson. I remember the economy doing pretty well in Clinton's era but I never attributed it to him and I wouldn't attribute a poor economy to any other President. Bush is not responsible for the economy when it does well, and he's not responsible when it does poorly.

You lost me on the first sentence but I’ll take a stab at it. No I really don’t think the Gov can have a serious positive effect on the economy, it can however have a serious negative effect. IMO the gov should just get the heck out of the way and let us Americans do what we do best , be inventive, work hard and make money. However gov policy that gets in the way can certainly put the brakes on the economy. Please explain to me how higher taxes and more regulation are beneficial for the economy, I will love for you to give me that economics lesson.

That is pure speculation.

Funny I wasn’t the one who brought up Gore and tried weakly to make a comparison to Bush, but some how I get the pure speculation response. Maybe you should pass that to the person who started this stupid thread.

Well, we went into Afghanistan and left without achieving our objective so I'm not sure anyone could have done much worse.

And neither did Bush, they are still there.

Are you saying the Taliban still runs Afganistan? Wow that is out there, I guess by your standards the Nazis still run Germany since there are still people in this world that think that way. Get a grip on reality and except the fact that the Taliban was soundly defeated and is out of power.

To whom? Certainly not to us, that fairy tell has been roundly dismissed.

Can you read? What to the words “or at least have the impression of a threat” mean to you? I guess your omniscient powers were turned off prior to us Invading Iraq, because last I checked nearly everyone on the face of the planet said that Iraq was a threat. I guess 17 (or was it 12?) resolutions in the UN is not proof enough that Iraq was a problem. If your omniscient powers had been active you certainly would have been able to see the truth to be able to tell us and that rest of the world and UN that Iraq really wasn’t a threat or at least was sending its WMDs to neighboring countries while we wasted time in the UN trying to get the already purchased by Saddam, Russians, French and Germans on board.

LOL on that. Complete speculation once again.

See above second response

And bin Laden is still alive under Bush.

Using your omniscient powers please tell me exactly what you would do differently trying to track down a single man who might be nearly any place in the world, in other countries who’s gov has no interest in helping us? I’m sure the best minds in the business could use your help.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a grip on reality and except the fact that the Taliban was soundly defeated and is out of power.

They may be out of power but they are certainly not soundly defeated.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/...y/International/home

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've "excepted" that fact, but I still don't have a grip on reality. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Gore v. Bush, who would've thought? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exceptance is the first step ;)

Prev Next