Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WANTED: Training Bike!!
Quote | Reply
EDIT!!!!!!! Still looking. PM'ed all that posted here but I'm back in that market and have changed needs. Looking for a bike I can train on. Don't need much, I like riding on old crappy steel bikes, but now I could go for a fixed gear or tri bike or whatever. have a few more bucks too. $500's the limit for the right bike.

Thanks!!!!!

Hey kids! I'm looking for a beater bike to take to the pool and back in the mornings. 58cm ish

Got an old bike sitting in the garage? That touring bike form the 80's just collecting dust in the shed?

PASS ON THE LOVE!!!!

Couple hundred bucks tops, just looking for a beater. (preferably road, love those 80's steel bikes)

Got anything?
Last edited by: LaWoof: Aug 13, 06 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: Beater bike! [LaWoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Dave Scott Centurian. I would guess it to be in the 58-60cm range. Classic Shimano 105 pieces & parts. Yep, good old Tange Steel. If you would be interested I will see if how much of a complete bike I still have.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: Beater bike! [TooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be great. Loved those riggs.

Check in on what you have and name a price. THANKS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I will check into everything this evening, and post back here in the morning. I will provide a complete list of what I have / or can put together for you.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: Beater bike! [TooSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks TooSlow, hope you have a nice light ride that helps you overcome that unfortunate name. What were your parents thinking? they must have know you would be a triathlete.

ANY OTHER BIKES OUT THERE??? Come on kids, daddy needs some wheels. I don't even own a bike right now. I haven't been on a bike in MANY months.

Help a brother out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a '94 QR USA Special Edition for sale. I'll take 300.00 for it plus shipping and packing.

58 cm Frame

Shimano 600 Gear System

Shimano Slx Brake System

Syntace Aero Bars

Mavic CXP 12 Wheels

Pedals not included

If your interested you can email me at Harterbisse@bigriver.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay;

Approx 1987 vintage

Dave Scott Centurion Expert

58cm ctc

Tange 1 cro-moly

Shimano 105 through out, downtube index shifting

6 speed freewheel – 13-26 (or close to it)

175mm cranks with either 39 or 42 and either 52 or 53 chain rings

new chain, cables, and handlebar tape

MTB cage pedals with toe clips and straps

120mm stem

42cm handle bars

36 spoke, 14ga SS, 3-cross wheels, Wolber box rims, 105 hubs.

The bike will be rebuilt.

asking $175 + shipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/159321850.html
Quote Reply
Post deleted by LaWoof [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LaWoof: Aug 13, 06 18:31
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: Training Bike!! [LaWoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an Elite Joule Pro that should be here in a few weeks. That would allow me to unload my Klein. If you want to check out the geometry, go to www.kleinbicycles.com and check out the Reve specs for a 55, though the frame is not a Reve, it's an '05 Q Pro blahblahblah. I know you are a bit taller than me, I'm 178cm, but the Klein is a bit big for me. Let me know if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: Training Bike!! [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top tube is good but hom tall is the head tube? Didn't see that on the site.

How are you brother? still hammering away in SoCal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not the owner, but noticed this on Craig's List today: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/194093572.html

Aluminum Frame Klein Quantum Z racing bike for sale. The bike is around 12 years old. I bought it when I raced out west. Really fast responsive bike. Its been in storage since I moved here 9 years ago. Needs new tires. Other then that the rest of the bike is in excellent condition. Comes with bike computer and size 10 Shimano shoes for the Look pedals. 32" from the ground to the top tube. Price $250.00.

this is in or around Bloomington
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am selling my old training bike here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=935490;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply