Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cerveloguy in the Slowtwitch Hall of Fame [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could have had me replace them with runs.

Or even worse ... replaced them with "The Runs"!

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"as penance you must replace all of your bike workouts with swims "

...or show up at Dan's door on a modified P3 with drop bars, dressed like Lance with snickers on, pretending you're lost...
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy in the Slowtwitch Hall of Fame [Filippo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH!! Too funny. I could just imagine the look on Slowman's face!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: read any of the tri-newbie posts lately... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, the path to the Tri. Bike can be an arduous and long journey cerveloguy. Mine started at around 11 or 12 when I modified my bannana seat schwin by replacing the seat with a 10 speed seat taking off the fenders getting bmx handle bars and knobby tires. These were are first dirt bikes which we would jump off of homemade ramps and ride on trails. Then I strapped a life jacket to the top tube and rode it off the end of a pier into the lake popping a wheely so when you hit the water you wouldn't fly over the handle bars and clothsline your thighs. This is how we learned about bike handling in my day. Also you had to learn how to fall without hitting your head. Then the adult years come along and all the skills fade to the back recesses of your neural matrix. Now helmetted and much more sensible the next challenge comes along when you hook up the tag-along so you can take your kid for a ride only to have them do everything in there power to wipe you out by always leaning the wrong way at the wrong time. You adapt,you get strong(mostly because they never peddle) a seed is planted. You hear about this sport called Triathalon and decide it would be neat to try. Not sure how much you will like it or want to get into it you borrow a bike or buy an old used 10 speed to use(don't borrow swimming trunks) You race, your hooked,you know you want a REAL Tri. bike. You go to a bike shop and the nice owner tells you the pros and cons of road and Tri bikes but you know you want and need that Tri. bike. They tell you that it might be a little tricky to get use to ridding in that aero position with the bar end shifters but that does not deter me, after all I use to pop wheelies and jump ramps besides it feels pretty easy on the trainer. You take it out for a real ride and all of a sudden you know how Carl Wallenda felt in Puerto Rico. After spending that much money your willing to undergo his fate to get comfortable on the bike. You stick with it and you do. You have your moment of truth on the road when you hit that monster pothole you didn't see coming so hard it knocks your helmet over your face but you grab those skinny little bars as tight as you can and don't fall. Then you pull into your driveway feeling pretty damn good about yourself unclip your right foot lean to the left and fall with all your neighbors watching. I love my Tri. Bike!
Quote Reply

Prev Next