Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AMOLED Cycling head unit
Quote | Reply
Got the new Garmin 965 this weekend and the screen is amazing, so much brighter and crisp than the 945 which got me thinking about my cycling head unit. At nearly 50 my eyes aren't what the were and struggle to see some of the data on my Edge 530, do you think AMOLED is on the cards for head units soon?
Quote Reply
Re: AMOLED Cycling head unit [valleyboy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it will be particularly helpful on a bike computer, but I think it's coming anyway because it's another reason to upgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you adjust the number of data screens you have on the 530 to reduce what you are looking at?

I have a 530 and 1030. 1030 for the roadie. I actually prefer the overall size of the 530, but I only use 4 data screens. The top 2 are smaller in size and the bottom two are bigger. Distance & HR then Speed & Power.

If you have room on your bars, grab a 1030.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to upgrade from a 945 to 965 as well, anything else you really like about the watch?

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One option is to use your phone (or your previous phone) as the head unit. Huge, high quality display. Battery life can be an issue (which is one reason watches/head units have been slow to adopt AMOLED), but less so nowdays. If using your old phone as a dedicated unit, you can get a bombproof case with a twist mount.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem as yourself only I am 60. Eyes are not as good. I use ancient 705 on my bike and clarity and brightness are amazing. No problems with the battery life either. I bought it just as it was released and since then I had only replaced battery once.
Quote Reply