Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

long ride/run on your light week?
Quote | Reply
whats the prevailing wisdom on the status of long rides/runs during a 'light' week. i'm doing the 3 hard weeks, 1 light week periodization thing, but have been waffling back and forth on my light week approach.

should the long run/rides continue in the light week, while paring down the other stuff? or should the long stuff be shut down in place of 7 days of shorter, easier workouts?

any input is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: long ride/run on your light week? [slow leak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My long ride and run get paired down in my rest week by 60 minutes and 30 minutes respectively. My weekly routine consists of 3 x 45 swim, 2 x 60 run, 2 x 60 cycle, long ride, long run. For a rest week I drop 1 run, 1 ride and 1 swim as well as the 1.5 hours from above. In the rest week I still thing that the long ride and run should be the centerpeice of your training while hours should be managed down.
Last edited by: bryanjaf: Feb 26, 04 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: long ride/run on your light week? [slow leak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the books and guides I've read say do both, but drop the distance by 30-40%. That's what I do.

Occasionally I have a life and need to skip one altogether (e.g., the Super Bowl is on). I feel like a million bucks the next week when that happens - full recovery.
Quote Reply