Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Standard format for health metrics - weight, blood pressure, etc...
Quote | Reply
Is there any standard format in which health metrics are sent?
I have Garmin Index scale, Garmin Index Blood Pressure Monitor and Withings (Healthmate) Blood pressure monitor.
Garmin index scale (weight) and Withings Blood Pressure data syncs up with TrainingPeaks no problem but Garmin Index Blood Pressure data does not synch with TrainingPeaks.
TrainingPeaks support says that Garmin Blood Pressure data is not compatible with TrainingPeaks.

So this makes me think about the format. Is there any?
Activities have the format - .gpx .fit etc...,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Standard format for health metrics - weight, blood pressure, etc... [akela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Garmin is kind of in charge of evolving the FIT file standard to accomodate new types of data. It looks like they do a decent job of adding calories, sleep, and some other wellness stuff.

If you go to "Health Stats" in Connect, you can export most metrics to a FIT file. Except weight. There you get a CSV file. Probably in a format that's non-standard, e.g. can't use to upload to some other site.

It's oddly difficult to find a list of currently supported fields. But it's easy to find "data developer" fields people have done for blood pressure and weight. These are fields that are in a FIT file, but just aren't yet "agreed-upon" to formally add to the standard so you can pass the file around and have a bunch of diffrent sites "understand" the data.

I imagine it'll come, and am surprised that Garmin doesn't handle weight in a FIT file yet.
Quote Reply