Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magnetic helmet strap?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone make a road helmet with a magnetic strap connector, aside from the Specialized Evade?
Quote Reply
Re: Magnetic helmet strap? [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can buy the 20mm fidlock buckle on Amazon for 10 bucks. Find someone to sew it on your helmet off choice. They just need to pull out the stitches on the current buckle and sew the new one in to both sides. I've done it on two helmets. It's great!
Quote Reply
Re: Magnetic helmet strap? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
You can buy the 20mm fidlock buckle on Amazon for 10 bucks. Find someone to sew it on your helmet off choice. They just need to pull out the stitches on the current buckle and sew the new one in to both sides. I've done it on two helmets. It's great!

thanks!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:

thanks!!!!

Oh, that should be the 15mm version, that's what I have. Not 20mm. That one is just bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met Manta
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Bell spherical recently with a magnetic closure on the chin strap.
Quote Reply
Re: Magnetic helmet strap? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Mudge wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:

thanks!!!!

Oh, that should be the 15mm version, that's what I have. Not 20mm. That one is just bigger.

I've ordered some of the 20mm version, and searching now for the 15mm, I don't see any offered. Oh, well. A few extra mm on either side of the strap is NBD, I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had these on my MTB helmets for a few years now and wondered why they haven't been as common on the road scene. They're one of those things that I thought was a gimmick, but after using it once I realized they're great and don't really want a cycling helmet without one now. Knowing their available separately, I'll need to swap out my Arrowhead clip before the season gets started.
Quote Reply